Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor?

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi, I have heard from the dealer that Kubota split from the Kioti company at one time. When you buy a Kubota or Kioti your buying the same design and set-up. Is there much diffients between the two?

Thanks, John.

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor?
Ha, HA, HA...

Heck, I don't know...but I would bet BIG money that this is not true. Kubota is a Japanese company...Kioti...I think Korean but am not sure.

I don't mean to say Kiioti is bad or anything like that...but this just sounds like something I would say if I were a Kioti saleman...trying to suck in a potential Kubota customer...

Now let the experts speak up!

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #3  
I was wondering about the Kioti family tree too.

The two brands are different in some places, like engines. But they do look alike in some of the castings. The Korean looks like an older bota. I think Kubota is older. Maybe Kioti is the Korean answere to Kubota? They do look like they come from the same family tree. Kioti is trying to look like a Kubota... hence the color. I've been told there is no present affiliation, but who really knows anymore.

Kioti came to America in 1985.

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor?
Hi, I got my information from a owner of a Kubota dealer and he said Kubota split away from Kioti and formed there own company. It started out with two bothers and one started Kubota and the other stayed with Kioti.

Henro right about Kioti and Kubota. Question would you have a Toyota car over a KIA car?

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #5  
Way back in the day (about 1990) I went to a dealership that picked up Kioti as a sideline, and I got the old line about Kioti had bought some of Kubotas old castings and were making basically old Kubota tractors. I've heard stuff off and on, but I think the long and the short of it is that the closest that the two companies come to being related is that their current offerings in America are both orange. I am sure that each other are aware of the other's existence and may copy features from each other, but I bet they probably copy features from other tractors too.

When I bought my new Kioti DK 45, I went to Little Tractor in Metropolis, IL and threw out the bait to James Little - "Hey, aren't these tractors the same as Kubota?" He didn't even bite a little, and said that they share no similarity, no long lost brothers that split, no engineer that got mad/fired and took designs to Korea/Japan, no industrial espionage and stolen designs; they are just two different tractor companies.

If I further understand, and I've just heard this from time to time, the Korean tractor companies (Daedong, TYM, Kukje (sp?)) are more closely related to each other than any of the Japanese tractor companies.

Also from what I gather, there is a lawsuit currently going on, being waged by Kubota against Kioti due to color and hood design (?) - I really don't know where that's going, but I don't think it's having an ill affect on Kioti.

There have been many, and probably will be many more, posts and conversations concerning Kioti vs. Kubota. In my shopping, I got a DK 45 from several thousand dollars less than a comparable Kubota, plus with a dealer that was willing to bend over backwards to help (Little Tractor) vs. a Kubota dealer that was really only interesting in selling me the M4900 2wd he had on his lot, when I repeatedly said I had to have a 4wd. There was a fella who posted probably a year ago that bought a Kubota MX5000 for a little less than my DK 45, and they are pretty close tractors I think, so actual pricing of Kiotis and Kubotas can and will probably vary widely based upon location and dealers. However, in my inspections, Kioti sacrifices nothing in quality, fit and finish, power, etc. to Kubota, so I don't think that Kioti is a step down from a Kubota at all.

As far as the Kia vs. Toyota thing, I knew some folks that had a few of the early Kia's and they weren't real happy. However, several of the folks I work with now own Kia's and are thrilled to death - after all, they've had them for three years and still have seven years of warranty left. When Toyota came to America, I don't think it enjoyed the reputation of quality that it currently carries. Kia and Hyundai (how do you spell that, anyway) have definately raised their level, I don't know about Daewoo - I don't see too many of them and I don't even know where the closest dealer is.

Long story short - Kubota makes an excellent tractor. Kioti makes an excellent tractor, but I don't think they share a family tree. Pick your models, pick your dealers, compare your featurs, compare your prices, pick your tractor.

Then come back and thumb your nose at the brand you didn't choose....just kidding.

Take it Easy

Tim Gray

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? )</font>
<font color="orange"> NO!!!!!!! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #8  
Chim - hee hee hee

Or weren't you joking?

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #9  
I read that Kubota has filed suit against Kioti for using the orange color and for eluding that they were connected somehow.

/ Does Kioti and Kubota make the same tractor? #10  
Awww, I thought I'd have some fun with a play on words. SAME is a real company, and I thought there may be some people who didn't know they existed and would get a kick out of it..................chim