does Kubota 2910 have a thermostat?

/ does Kubota 2910 have a thermostat? #1  

jd49

Tractor
1949 JD MC crawler, 2000 JD 4400
My 2910 seems to run rather cold. The gauge moves up a little, but not like on a car where it quickly moves up to operating range. Is there a thermostat that is stuck open or simply no thermostat? Thanks for any replies!

/ does Kubota 2910 have a thermostat? #2  
On many of the gauges they do not move much although I feel it is very important to run a diesel hot. Has it changed since yo got it? If it has then it might have gone bad. You might find a friend with a heat gauge to check it!

/ does Kubota 2910 have a thermostat? #3  
I've had three John Deere CUTs. None have moved more then a quarter way up the scale except when the grill is blocked by debris while brush cutting.
Diesels just don't run hot...

/ does Kubota 2910 have a thermostat? #4  
My 2910 seems to run rather cold. The gauge moves up a little, but not like on a car where it quickly moves up to operating range. Is there a thermostat that is stuck open or simply no thermostat? Thanks for any replies!

My L4200 is the same way - and I've been wondering the same thing. The temp gauge needle might moves just above stone cold and stays there. It goes to the same spot pretty much regardless of outside temp, so I figure it's OK. It'll reach maybe to 1/16 or 1/8 on the gauge - definitely no farther, even when it's 100F out. Same spot when it's 15F too, and that's will a wide open radiator and one of the engine side-panels missing.

JayC