Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #?

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #21  
oliver28472 said:
There have been some "discussions" on which to use. I think Lemuel will tell you that if you have an attachment with hydraulics to use the JD 303 equivalent. If you don't use an attachment that has hydraulics you can stick with the 80-90W. The 370 and 470 are different. The 372/373/470 have similar transmissions and rear ends.

I just got a mt372 and am about to change all the fluids and this doesn't make sense to me. If you can use the universal trans-hyd fluid if you are going to use a hydraulic attachment then why shouldn't you use it when you don't? The 3pt is ran by hydraulics out of the same system right? I am not sure but this is what I have been led to believe. Will it prematurely wear the gears or something in the transmission? I would think that that heavy of oil would be hard on the hydraulic pump.
I know that in cars that they used to use 90w but switched to auto trans fluid (basically hydraulic fluid) but again this is auto not tractor. I am just asking because I am concerned about what to put in it. Also how much would a mt372 that didn't run and had sat for 4-5yrs outside and the deck was rusted completely out be worth? I appreciate any reply to this. Thanks:confused:

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #?
Welcome Shags, I paid $1500 for mine in running condition with a little rust/broken fenders and have never looked back. The price of these compact tractors depends on what your location is. I have mine tore down and repainting and fixed a lot of small stuff. I changed to the hydro fluid 46 and was told that most tractors are switching to this as standard instead of the older 80-90 wt. It does make sense that the hydo fluid is thinner and would be less wear. I don't think the gearbox turns like in a car except on the PTO gears which are smaller and there shouldn't be a heat problem with the HF and I plan on adding a log splitter to mine someday so I changed to 46 HF. Post a picture of your 372 on here. I have the same model along with a couple other guys on here. I can try to answer any questions you have. Valley Power is great for answers and to work with and has almost any parts you need. Here is a before/during picture and as soon as it gets back together I will post after pics. Also a picture of my filter as it was trashed. I hope the pictures help. I flushed the entire case and filled with HF and new filter from Valley.
Bill
MT372Tractor006.jpg

tractorb4after017.jpg

MT372Tractor016.jpg

MT372Tractor020.jpg

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #23  
Hey that looks like it is coming along really well! A far cry from when you got it. Mine is at a friends barn right now. It didn't run when I got it and neither of us had ever worked on a diesel. But we got it running pretty quickly. Had to rewire a bit and replace the fuel and bleed. My friend went out when it was 0deg out and it started with two preheats. I thougth that was pretty good considering that it had been sitting for about 4 years. I have been watching the threads on the oil question for a while. Everyone including who I got it from says to put trans hyd fluid in it. It really is confusing though how they have the gear oil listed on the side but the thing runs hydraulics out of it. I don't see how it clould pump 80-90wt. Did you notice what came out when you replaced yours? I will see when I do mine. But I am on workers comp right now for elbow surgery so I really can't do anything especially since it is my dominant side. So it may be a while before I get to this. But I can do the research now so what better thing to do but get all informed so when I can do it I don't have to guess. Thanks a lot.

Yep, 80-90 lube came out of it with a LOT of water. The tractor sit outside for a while before I got it with a bad shifter boot and water got into the case. You should have seen it the first time I drove it , lube bubbled out of the shifter like crazy. I will put a couple more pics on here in the next week or so on the progress. I check here every day, glad to have another 372 owner to chat with.

Cya,

Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #25  
Ya know for the price of these little tractors ya really can't beat em since they will out preform any garden tractor in it's class for alot less in price.....even the 2wd units.

Nope, I don't think you can beat them for the price. Here is another pic or two that I took last night before taping everything up and laying down the drop cloth before painting this weekend. I did grind some more areas and will wipe with thinner before spraying. I removed about 99% of the grease/fuel stains scuffed it up all over also. It should look nice when done.

031108006.jpg

031108004.jpg

031108005.jpg

thanks,
Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #27  
Nice pix...Looking at those reminded me why I buy Mitsu products. Heavy duty!

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #28  
Hey, when did you get the Beaver?

We have had it for a few years in the family. My cousin in WV had it for years and sold it to my father in Greeneville Tn area. When I bought my MT372 we figured we didn't need both compacts and I sold the Beaver just last week and guy is picking up this sunday. It was a great little tracter the few times I used it. I already had time/money into the 2wd that I would never get back out of it and I really never use the 4wd so it found a new home.

I have too many projects and didn't need another one in the future.

Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #30  
Bill you could have pulled that disk with the 4wd Beaver with no problem.

The 372 looks naked:) A fresh coat of paint will make her look new again.