Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me?

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
When you use your tractor or hook up an implement does the grease see you coming and jump out landing squarely on your clean clothes? I don't care how careful I am it always finds me and I have lots, and lots of clothes bearing my "medals of honor grease spots".

I have learned a few things in the past years of owning a tractor though. Now when I get out to the pole barn even before I check the fluids or turn the key I have a system to outsmart the jumping grease. I immediately reach for the grease gun. I put some on both hands and get it worked well into my clothes. I get it out of my system right up front cause I just know its going to happen with or without my intervention anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My wife got smart to my misfortune some years back. She has a special section in my closet containing clothes that are pre-stained with tractor grease. If I'm going anywhere near the tractor for the day then that's what I wear, and God help me if I put something on that isn't already in that particular section or condition. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

A little clean grease never hurt anyone or anything right? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Pass me that dang-blasted grease gun cause I have grass to mow and chores to get finished.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #2  
MIKE: u are not alone /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif the other day i just looked at the grease gun, and i was a mess. HOW can such a little bit of grease make u so dirty? as hard as it tis to wipe off of your body and clothes you would think that once u grease a tractor or implement you would never, ever have to grease it again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif the same goes for diesel fuel, one little drop on you and u stink for a week, don't care how many showers u take. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #3  
When I built the house , I put in a full bath in the basement next to the laundry room . It was intended for the dogs when they got muddy . They were to come through the garage and be put into the shower before being allowed upstairs .
Well , now it's my first stop after doing anything involving grease, ,or oil ! I even put a change of clothes down there before hand so that I don't scare unknown visitors /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #4  
Are you sure you get it in the barn? Mine seems to come from the laundry. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #5  
For what it's worth, I find my share of grease but don't have any of the aforementioned "badges of honor" on my clothes. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This will amaze anyone who knows me, but I'm going to share a laundry tip here. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Yes, single guy and all... a laundry tip. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Amway has a pre-wash stain treatment in an aerosol can for about ten bucks that has always worked for me. I've even used it on stains that I've already washed and dried before I found the stain and it still worked!

I don't sell Amway and that's the only thing of theirs I use but when I'm out of it I scramble to get some more. It is truly great stuff for those of use who are grease, oil and stain magnets. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #6  
I don't know what this tread is about... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My tractor is the greas magnet! 5030 or Spencer can attest to that. I have to fight to get grease on my clothes.

My tractor defies gravity when it comes to grease. I think I may have stubled onto something here but the darn tractor refuses to devulge the secret. You can understand the tough time I am having...that tractor won't even help me with my spelling... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Man I wish some of that grease would jump off the tractor onto my clothes!

It kind of hurts when a TBN friend comes around and puts me down for having a greasy tractor... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And to top it off, they never compliment me on my clean clothes...well to me they are clean anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #7  
Ah Henro; grease - tractor - me all go together. Grease jumps off the tractor to settle on me.

Egon

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #8  
No jumping grease on my tractor. My problem seems to be my uncanny ability to stick my hand in a blob of grease without even trying. I keep my tractor fairly clean with the exception of pins on the loader, hitch, drive lines etc, but no matter what I do I seem to put at least one hand in a blob of grease. It doesn't matter if I'm just hopping on for a minute to move it or spend an entire day mowing. As soon as I sit down in the seat I see that dang blob on my hand /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif No clue where it comes from..... it just shows up unannounced /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Amway has a pre-wash stain treatment in an aerosol can for about ten bucks that has always worked for me. I've even used it on stains that I've already washed and dried before I found the stain and it still worked!)</font>
I've had the same results by using a small amount of goop or GOJO hand cleaner on a brush. Just scrub it into the stain before washing. Gets out old stains as well. Grease just LOVES me too. Of course I put lots of it on my tractor, loader and backhoe. John

/ Does The Grease Jump On You Like It Does Me? #10  
Grease and I get along pretty well, but that darn drywall compound no matter how careful I try to be I still end up with it all over myself.