Does the L4630 GSTC have a front PTO for a front mounted snowblower?

/ Does the L4630 GSTC have a front PTO for a front mounted snowblower? #1  

GreenTime

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 110TLB, JD 3720, JD Z997, Kubota L5740
If so, does anyone have a photo of a front snowblower on a L4630?

Thanks.

/ Does the L4630 GSTC have a front PTO for a front mounted snowblower? #2  
birdlover,

Not aware of any front PTO option on a Grand L30 tractor, but mid PTO to drive front implements is an option. This can be a very easy job to a difficult one depending on if your tractor was equipped with the necessary internal gear or not. If it has the internal gear the mid PTO cassette can be added where the existing block off plate is located mid-tractor. If the internal gear was not installed from the factory the tractor needs to be split to gain access.

I was lucky on my tractor and only the mid PTO cassette was needed. Drain hydraulic fluid, remove block-off plate, install mid PTO cassette, install linkage along with interlock switches and refill with hydraulics.

Here's what I found in an archive thread from 2009:
It looks like the Mid PTO kits are still available from Kubota for
L4330 - 43.2 HP - PTO Kit Number L8313
L4630 - 47.2 HP - PTO Kit Number L8313
L5030 - 52.2 HP - PTO Kit Number L8314

GST and DT ROPS Models require the L8315 Internal Gear Kit, as well

I believe the front snowblower I have was purchased used from an L4630 owner. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures.

Good luck and lets us know what you do.

/ Does the L4630 GSTC have a front PTO for a front mounted snowblower?
Sorry, I meant mid mount PTO when I said front. Any photos of a front mount snow blower on this series of tractor would still be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Does the L4630 GSTC have a front PTO for a front mounted snowblower? #4  
Attached you'll find a photo of the blower on my tractor. I thought I had more but can't find them. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see?

Here's an old thread I started detailing the installation with a few pictures. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/197803-l2185-snow-blower-works.html?highlight=snowblower

The blower is equipped with hydraulic rotation and electrical actuator for chute deflection adjustment. Used a common 5-pin trailer wiring connector in the front so the blower electrical can be disconnected from the tractor. Located the connector near the front. 5-pin is overkill, but provides a solid connection and at one time I was going to mount light to the blower and through the extra pins would come in handy.

The attached PDF contains good info about snowblowers from the 2003 Wholegoods price list. The p/n's may come in handy if looking for parts.

Attachments

• L3130 and Snow Blower.jpg
    L3130 and Snow Blower.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Snowblower info from Wholegoods 2003.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
   / Does the L4630 GSTC have a front PTO for a front mounted snowblower? #5  
There are strong durable front blowers driven by rear pto's
I attach a couple of photos. These are from Smyth Welding in Canada.

xFDdhnH.jpg

tErS7ut.jpg

GoQ92EX.jpg

Gearbox D in this photo shows the twinned gear box style this time being used by Normand Blowers in Canada.

The blowers which are driven by a mid pto of approx 2500 rpm require a speed reduction to 540 at the blower usually though some sprockets and chains. When driven from the rear pto's 540 rpm, no reduction is needed and thus the power loss through friction in the chain speed reducer is avoided.

UY4aIux.jpg

This exploded parts view shows the chain speed reduction with sprockets 5 & 14 + chain 13

The same blower can be rear mounted with the speed reduction not used.
6GsW01l.jpg

Dave M7040