does this look correct? (54 snowblower)

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower) #11  
Hi All,

Mine came in that way also, I was tempted to remove the "Ground Wire" but i figured JD must have had some issues with the pin staying in place... I must say my 47 Inch Blower performed great the past winter even with the plastic impeller!
Go Green!

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower) #12  
That is the way it's supposed to be...you have to watch out for all of the dis-information on these forums. Check out the diagrams on JD parts. My 47 snow blower is the same way. There should be a roll pin in there, and the wire through the roll pin...no bolt.

I looked at the diagrams on JD parts for my 54 snowblower and it calls for the wire through the roll pin also. Mine doesn't have it so I guess I will be adding it this spring when I remove the blower for the season.

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower) #13  
I looked at the diagrams on JD parts for my 54 snowblower and it calls for the wire through the roll pin also. Mine doesn't have it so I guess I will be adding it this spring when I remove the blower for the season.

Sometimes, even in this high tech world, the classic solution to an old problem is still the best:)

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower) #14  
Pretty sure mines is the same way. Shoot me a pm tomorrow, i will check if you want. Mine is 47" though.

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower) #16  
This wire is supposed to be there. The green wire is plastic coated, probably to help with corrosion. The wire is actually a safety wire, should the roll pin ever decide to start to work its way out, the wire is twist tied and will not allow it to come out. The roll pin is what holds everything together.

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower)
looks like a simple solution to a possible failure.

thanks all !!

we had snow today, but I think I can put away the blower.

time to sharpen some blades.

ba

/ does this look correct? (54 snowblower) #18  
This wire is supposed to be there. The green wire is plastic coated, probably to help with corrosion. The wire is actually a safety wire, should the roll pin ever decide to start to work its way out, the wire is twist tied and will not allow it to come out. The roll pin is what holds everything together.

Interesting. I bought my 54-inch blower last July and it does not have a wire running through the pin. I would have noticed it as I tore my blower apart this past weekend and installed a metal impeller in place of the plastic impeller.