Does this planter/tiller exist?

/ Does this planter/tiller exist?
Hey everyone....
Apologies for the late reply, but as you know- tis the season....
I do appreciate all the help, and it's starting to get clearer for me now.
That being said, I'm probably going to hold off on doing anything this season with a tractor mounted system. Just not enough time to shop around for the equipment I need.
Will have to scale back some to get my feet wet with the corn for this season then move on next year.
Unfortunately, back to the earthway seeder and troy built this year.
Will be back with more questions later in the year... hopefully everyone will be around then.

FWIW, Leaning towards a two row version of what "MBTRAC" has described. It seems to make the most sense as to working with what my current plans are.
Dusty. I see that that could work for me too, and might be what I end up with too in the short term. I could even just come back on top of those beds with an earthway seeder on top. Sidedress with the earthway too. Come back between the rows with the tiller later, although this wouldn't allow for undercutting. My tractor centers might also be a problem unless I can offset it some how.... Again, I need to design in some flexibility and MBTRAC's solution seems to do this well..... assuming I can get it all together.
Clifford K. I see what you're saying but, for this go round, I've got to keep this reasonably simple or I'm never going to get it DONE!
Thanks again everyone for the interest!

Apologies for the late reply.
Dusty- That makes sense now. Actually considering going ahead and purchasing one for use this year with my troy built (between the beds that would make) and just an earthway seeder with fertilizer attachment.
Would allow me to test out some of my ideas in a hurrry.
Clifford K- That could work, but knowing me when I get too much going on, I just don't get it DONE. Maybe for a future/future project!
MBTRAC- Ok. My tractor will work.... good news.
Man. When I see that kind of equipment and think about what it costs it just blows my mind.... then there is the sheer SCALE of farming to be able to actually use that stuff. Saw a brand new HUGE enclosed cab "tractor" sitting in a field the other day burnt slam up and I'm thinking to myself, what does someone do with an expense like that when it goes up in flames? Guess you've really got to dot your eyes and cross your T's.... and here I am wonder how I'm going to till up 1/4 acre to plant some corn (ha ha). You know my family has 450 acres of land planted in pine trees right now..... part of which I'm toying with putting in pasture (once the trees are harvested next go round), so I guess I can kind of understand how it could go.... Get a couple of cows/plant a couple of acres and grow from there.... and on and on it goes. Still from where I'm sitting right now, can't imagine having a payment on one of those planters!
You've been a wealth of knowledge/help to me in thinking this through. Have been researching the parts to put it all together for next season!

Thanks!
Eddie

Man. My memory is absolutely GONE!

/ Does this planter/tiller exist? #14  
Just to make you think a little longer. Go to Tractorhouse.com and search manufacturer "AGROTILLER" and see if that is what you are looking for. I would post a link but that is beyond my magic picture box skills. Maybe someone more adept than I can do the link or photo.

/ Does this planter/tiller exist? #15  
Just to make you think a little longer. Go to Tractorhouse.com and search manufacturer "AGROTILLER"

Now, that is COOL.
If only it trailed 3 corn planters with a fertilizer hopper.
And, if it was only a little closer to Oregon.
No price listed though.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7550245
Agrotiller_Front.jpgAgrotiller_Under.jpg

My question then.
By running a chain drive (I assume) in the middle, and 2 tines on each side of the drive. None of the tines overlap. Would it tend to skip the middle if being done in a single pass? I suppose many garden tillers are similar. but I usually find myself doing multiple passes in the garden.

I think I might prefer a design with the drive & bearings on the outside.

MyDesign.gif

Actually,
I think I found it.
It looks like it is very similar to the Ford Multivator.
https://www.forddistributing.com/s?keywords=multivator
FLAxxn2.jpg

As well as this Italian model.
Agricultural machines Badalini Srl beyond the production of multi-row rototillers, subsoilers, rototillers and inter-row cultivators
g_2_DSCF0929.JPG

Apparently discussed here a few years ago.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/197237-anyone-need-nice-used-multivator.html

I still think it would be best to attach the seed drill or corn planter directly to the back of the tiller. All in one machine.

/ Does this planter/tiller exist? #16  
I like the idea. A couple of comments. Since you are not spray killing the clover, I would cultivate, following MBTRAC's system at #2, in advance of sowing. This way the clover would have time to die down. If it rains soon after cultivating you might find that the tilled clover is not killed off and might have to re-till before sowing.

Are your front and rear wheels lined up sufficiently that you are covering a maximum combined tyre width of the cultivated strip? If so, could you till only behind the tyres and sow into this strip as a separate operation? For instance, I have an NH45hp and my wheels cover 14.5" with a 32" space between the insides of the tyres. This gives a similar spacing to that you suggested in the OP. It would mean some accurate driving on a field scale to leave a similar 32" strip when you do the return run, but a marker tine could be fitted to give you the necessary guide.

You then need to straddle the tilled (and by now growing corn) strips when you want to till out the remaining clover. You must not run over the corn. This means having your tilling equipment set to till out two of these clover strips in one pass - the ones your tractor wheels are running on, and leave the growing corn untouched. The same frame could be used if it was wide enough. You would need to cover the two 32" or whatever width strips plus the width of the corn row. 64+15 is only 79" so quite manageable with your tractor. Even if you had left 36" strips you could still do it.

CliffordK, I sowed corn and Blackeye peas a few years ago, and had disappointing growth too. I put it down to lack of moisture in our usual Mediterannean totally dry summer. We are currently waterlogged with standing rather than flowing water and rain forecast for another 10 days. I have a bit more than 5 acres (I am semi-retired on 16 acres) that I intend to sow with the same mix this year, and cut for hay as soon as there is enough to warrant it. I have my own mower and hay turner, so just the baling to pay for. I need to clean up this area and there should be enough moisture to get sufficient growth to make the crop economic. I will try to remember to let you know the outcome.

/ Does this planter/tiller exist? #17  
I like the idea. A couple of comments. Since you are not spray killing the clover, I would cultivate,
CliffordK, I sowed corn and Blackeye peas a few years ago, and had disappointing growth too. I put it down to lack of moisture in our usual Mediterannean totally dry summer.

I may try the experiment again.
But I had some just corn, just peas, or a corn/pea mix.

The corn/pea mix seemed to fare much worse than the corn alone or peas alone.
It could be a density problem, but I think it was something else.

I was doing drip irrigation.

/ Does this planter/tiller exist? #18  
Did you ever find a market or source? We've bought property that has one of these and it runs just fine but we don't need it.tillavator 2.jpg