Does Wally World Sell Hydraulic Fluid?

/ Does Wally World Sell Hydraulic Fluid? #1  

HoggyB

Bronze Member
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm guessing not, but I would like to pick up a quart (gallon?) this AM, just in case I'm a little low.

Where would I be able to find it on a Sunday?

And is it OK to mix different brands?

Oh, and how the heck do you get to the filler hole with the backhoe on (BX-23)?

I can barely get in there to check the oil, much less fill it. Are there any tricks?

Hog

/ Does Wally World Sell Hydraulic Fluid? #2  
I've never seen it at WalMart. Tractor Supply has it and they are open on Sunday. Got any of those near you? It's OK to mix different brands, it's even OK to mix synthetic and dino. The only 'trick' I've used on my TC25D, without a backhoe, is removing the tool box which sits right above the fill hole and then used a funnel. Even then I had to be careful. If I am just topping off, I don't do either of these. I have a rag in one hand, the quart bottle in the other then line the bottle up with the fill hole and slowly pour. Must be even more 'fun' with a backhoe in the way. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Does Wally World Sell Hydraulic Fluid? #3  
HoggyB, some WalMarts carry hydraulic fluid, but they have a very cheap generic brand that may not meet Kubota's standards. As Mike suggested, you can find quality grades of fluid at TSC and even AutoZone auto parts stores have good brands. If you stick with the premium brands, you should have good results. Many of them will have a whole list of specs they meet and acceptable manufacturer brand substitutes.

I used to have 10 gallons of the cheap WalMart brand fluid I bought before finding out it didn't meet NH 134A specs. When I had my well drilled, the well driller had a pump spring a slow leak. He told me he would have to wait until he could get some oil to finish my well. I gave him the 10 gallons of Wally oil and he was happy to get it. I got my well finished in one day and when he left, he took my "problem" oil with him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Does Wally World Sell Hydraulic Fluid? #4  
I would wait until you can purchase the kubota brand oil, especially if you still have warrenty left on tractor. Yeah, I know that it's expensive but it's really cheap when you consider what the pump and other parts inside cost !!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Does Wally World Sell Hydraulic Fluid? #5  
Best to use the Kubota Super UDT to protect your investment.