Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors?

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors?
I went and test drove a YT359 today and the dealer acted like Yanmar was about to release a 70HP tractor soon.

The YT359 was a really nice tractor and super easy to operate

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #12  
   / Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #13  
I sure wish they went with yellow. However, they will do well in red IMHO

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #14  
   / Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #15  
Yammer has to be discouraged my declining sales of Yanmar equipped, Deere branded, light tractors.

I think that is why Yanmar is prudently opening Yanmar dealerships in the USA.

In 100+ horsepower tractor category Deere has the lead in hardware and the software technology. Kubota would like to compete there too, but does not sell many tractors in the 100+ horsepower category. Kubota tractors are not heavy enough and do not have GPS integrated software.

You have to have VOLUME to achieve production line efficiency and competitive pricing.

I cannot see Yanmar producing heavier tractors until Yanmar separates from John Deere.

the thing that pushed me away from yanmar was their lack of any ''real'' dealerships.
There was a lawnmower business down from me that had some yanmar tractors. I stopped in to look at the YT359.
I went in and spoke to a guy working there . I asked if they could add a 3rd function valve for a grapple. The guy replied ''If you tell me what a grapple is, I may be able to answer your question''.
This was enough to turn me away from a new yanmar.
I really doubt they would be able to take care of any issues that may have occurred with the tractor.

I went by that same shop the other day to buy a belt for my toro. I was asking the a guy (different from the one I previously talked to) where the yanmar tractors were. He said they sent them back to yanmar because they weren't selling. I said, I can understand that !

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #16  
That’s too bad because the YT3 series tractors are arguably some of the highest quality and most innovative compact tractors currently on the market and Yanmar has been building some of the best Diesel engines for over 100 years.

Last edited:
   / Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #17  
the thing that pushed me away from yanmar was their lack of any ''real'' dealerships.
There was a lawnmower business down from me that had some yanmar tractors. I stopped in to look at the YT359.
I went in and spoke to a guy working there . I asked if they could add a 3rd function valve for a grapple. The guy replied ''If you tell me what a grapple is, I may be able to answer your question''.
This was enough to turn me away from a new yanmar.
I really doubt they would be able to take care of any issues that may have occurred with the tractor.
My dealer sell lawn and garden tractors and they also rent machinery from the same business. They were very knowledgeable about Yanmar tractors. I wouldn't be afraid to take my tractor back to them to be worked on. I'm sure their mechanics are regularly working on equipment that is way more complicated and costs way more than my little compact tractor. If you take your lawn and garden tractor to a JD dealership, the guy working on your garden tractor is not going to be the same guy working on a 9420.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #18  
That’s too bad because the YT3 series tractors are arguably some of the highest quality and innovative compact tractors currently on the market and Yanmar has been building some of the best Diesel engines for over 100 years.

We went to a big farm show recently and the Yanmars that I saw looked first class in terms of fit and finish. I've always admired the Yanmar and wish they could figure out how to get more of them out there. Mt 790 Deere is probably 100% Yanmar and it's always dependable and never a problem.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #19  
If you take your lawn and garden tractor to a JD dealership, the guy working on your garden tractor is not going to be the same guy working on a 9420.

Well, It would be at this place ! Very small lawnmower dealership that has been in the lawnmower business for a long time and just took yanmar tractors on.

If you are selling tractors of any type and you don't have a clue what a grapple is, I'm not buying any tractor from you. Be it Kubota, JD LS, etc,.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #20  
Well, Yanmar did have a YM7000 in two different options back in the mid 80s. It was a 4T95T diesel 70Hp and a 4T98T-D. Both had turbos.
These were sold world wide, but in the USA and Canada, we only saw them as the John Deere 1650.

The JD 1650 is the meanest 70Hp CUT I've ever had to test ride. Lets just say, keeping the front axle on the ground on a clutch slip is hard to do. The tractor was best in class for fuel economy back in it's day. JD only had production for 4 years. Sad though, this would have been the smallest and mightiest JD if production kept going. It's a hidden treasure in the CUT classification of tractors.