Does your Gator XUV "free-wheel" down hills?

/ Does your Gator XUV "free-wheel" down hills? #11  
the brakes on my hpx ain't as good as the ones on my rhino . infact i hardly use my brake pedal unless i'm coming into a turn with my rhino . if you are going down a steep ditch the brakes will stop the gator but you have to press them down hard my emergency brake broke years ago and i just never cared about fixin it after it broke the second time. it was good for holding the hpx on steep ditchs and stuff but it was always hanging up. john deere needs to come up with an engine brake like the rhino and the rhino needs to come up with a unlocking rear end like the john deere.
Ya know, Tommy, I wouldn't be surprised if the delay in announcing the 2010 Rhino is to give the engineers the time to try to come up with an unlocking rear diff for the 700 (or whatever the new big engine is). They've already given them independent disk brakes on each hub (versus a single one on the driveshaft, like previously) .

Given this recent recall or whatever you want to call it, where the locked diff has been quoted as being a contributing factor, the lawyers may force them down this path...

They already have one on the front, how tough could it be?

/ Does your Gator XUV "free-wheel" down hills? #12  
it would be nice to unlock that rearend. but the rhino was really made for one thing and that was getting two guys and their gear to and from their hunting area no matter how rough the terrian was and the rhino can do it i very seldom use 4 wheel drive locked it's to hard to steer never really needed it in my hpx with the right tires and the right driver you can do wonders but the rhino is so light and skinny that it can fit in almost any place my hpx was like a tank and it sank thank god for 589's and scuba gear.

/ Does your Gator XUV "free-wheel" down hills? #13  
I would have your XUV checked by the dealer. My HPX belt drive "hangs" in there pretty good on hills before it releases.
But the big question is, why does yours when JD's website has a list of key features of the XUV including the following bullet:
"Advanced clutching with a tighter belt provides increased acceleration, smoother at low speeds, and efficient engine braking to assist descending down hills."

good luck.
jim