Does your PTO Work Intermittently on CC 2160?

/ Does your PTO Work Intermittently on CC 2160? #1  

Altair 4

Tractor
Cub Cadet 2160
File this a FYI kind of thread.

I have had an occasional problem where the PTO on my 2160 with a 48" deck would intermittently not work. I finally had enough time to look at this more carefully, since the PTO is relatively new with probably less than 40 hours on it.

I discovered that the electrical connector between the tractor's wiring harness and the PTO wire was deformed. I don't know if it was from engine heat or from heat from the electrical connector itself. The red wire connection was only making marginal contact as a result. I tried to realign the connection but ultimately ended up cutting the connector out completely and replacing it with crimped spade connectors from Radio Shack. Everything works like a dream again!

/ Does your PTO Work Intermittently on CC 2160? #2  
I seem to be having the same problem with my 2550. I know the wires to the lights are melted, but I don't think the PTO wires are damaged, though. I'll have to take a look because my PTO won't engage anymore.

/ Does your PTO Work Intermittently on CC 2160? #3  
There are a few interlocks on your PTO that could fail as well as a possibly toasted wire.. Just a FYI..