Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet?

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #1  

xcgreene

Platinum Member
Tractor
2 Kioti DK45SEH's 1969 John D 2510
Within the parts manual of the EX50, which is very similar to my DK45SEH, I found a "Magnet Assembly" Part# T4260-38841 which screws into Filter Bracket Part# T4620-38041 for the hydraulic system of the EX series.

Looking into my own parts manual for the DK, I found no Magnet Assembly. It is also not in the DK's part manual. The filter Bracket for the DK is Part# T4620-38042.

Has anyone else stumbled over this? To my knowledge there are no magnets within the DK45SEH tractors transmission. Many other tractors implement a similar magnet within the hydraulic system, beyond the simple magnetic drain plug. Massey Ferguson comes to mind, I have seen them implement from the factory a large magnetic ring that is placed on the filter next to the o-ring. Their filters are designed to accommodate this magnet.

It would be nice to know if this Magnet Assembly used in the EX series would work with the DK 35, 40, 45, 50 SE's

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #2  
My John Deere 4410 didn't come with magnets but has them now. A bearing piled up on me in the pto drive line. When I repaired it I set a row of small button magnets around the suction screen in the bottom of the transmission.

I've also seen magnets arranged around the filter. When you change the filter you just move the magnets to the new filter.

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #3  
No, no magnets.
If I build a huge magnetic field and drive my tractor through it will I arrive back in the future, without fearless leader and all the Gremlins present in this universe? :) I sure hope so.:thumbsup:
In the meantime, after paying for the only available via Kioti transmission filters I'm too broke to spend any money on magnets.
I've NEVER changed my hydro transmission fluid, just filters, with NO problems in over 1000 hours since 2010. YMMV.:confused3:

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet?
No, no magnets.
If I build a huge magnetic field and drive my tractor through it will I arrive back in the future, without fearless leader and all the Gremlins present in this universe? :) I sure hope so.:thumbsup:
In the meantime, after paying for the only available via Kioti transmission filters I'm too broke to spend any money on magnets.
I've NEVER changed my hydro transmission fluid, just filters, with NO problems in over 1000 hours since 2010. YMMV.:confused3:

Oh I'm sure my tractor will have a great service life without the magnet. But I feel using a magnet is good practice, and a good tell tail for the internals. I see the magnet assembly cost about $35 on the web, I may take a look in my filter housing, if i see a hole to threat the magnet assembly it into, I may pick one up.

You mentioned the kioti filters. I'm still running the $35 Donaldson P573481 in place of the $120 T5710-38031 HST filter in my DK45SEH. We had a lot of discussion about it in the Kioti filter cross reference thread, my post was #66 but there are others with great info too. I have 50hrs on the Donaldson now with factory results.

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #5  
Which cross filter thread are you specifically referring to? There are lots of them on TBN. I wasn't aware there was a cross for the HST hydro filter(s). Is yours a HST or gear/shuttle shifter?
Are you referring to the smaller of the two transmission filters? One is a huge yellow filter and the other is black in color and much smaller IIRC?

Thanks,

CM

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #6  
Which cross filter thread are you specifically referring to? There are lots of them on TBN. I wasn't aware there was a cross for the HST hydro filter(s). Is yours a HST or gear/shuttle shifter?
Are you referring to the smaller of the two transmission filters? One is a huge yellow filter and the other is black in color and much smaller IIRC?

Thanks,

CM

Gosh darn and jeepers! Strong magnets are so cheap at the hardware store, It is a no brainer to slip one into every sump you can. No need to clean them EVER. what is caught only adds to the field. ;-)

Thanks,

CM

Mine is the Hydro, a DK45SEH. The filter i am referring to is the daedong T5710-38031 which is the hydrostatic high pressure filter. My post I referred to is #66 here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...22-kioti-filter-cross-reference-number-7.html There are many others there in discussion about the same with good info.

Gosh darn and jeepers! Strong magnets are so cheap at the hardware store, It is a no brainer to slip one into every sump you can. No need to clean them EVER. what is caught only adds to the field. ;-)

I just like the idea of a magnet that is inside the filter, where you can see if anything serious has gathered every time I change the filter. That "Magnet Assembly" Part# T4260-38841 I was talking about, that can be found in the EX series tractors but not the DK for some reason, can be seen as item #9 here in this diagram.

Untitled.jpg

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #9  
I just like the idea of a magnet that is inside the filter, where you can see if anything serious has gathered every time I change the filter. That "Magnet Assembly" Part# T4260-38841 I was talking about, that can be found in the EX series tractors but not the DK for some reason, can be seen as item #9 here in this diagram.

View attachment 518034

Thanks for the thread link - I'll take a look at it. Sure would be nice to not have to buy an overpriced filter from Kioti/Daedong.:thumbsup:
Isn't the EX a series not available in the US market? That could be why it's NOT included on machines sold here, and for possibly no other 'logic'. Is the part you're referring to able to be purchased for 'retrofit' on a case by case basis?
If you do find it and install it can you keep us up to date on the progress?

Thanks,

CM

/ Does your tractor have a transmission oil filter magnet? #10  
All of the kubota hydraulic filters I have got have the magnet come with the new filter. ITs a ring type magnet thats is just inside the o-ring seal for the filter.