Dog chewed brake line on our truck.

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck.
My wife works with the puppy quite a bit. The dog gets and chews several chew toys a day. She throws her ball to get her tired several time a day. I think she needs to be crated when we leave the house. We have two dogs. They have about 8 acres to run in but they do most of the damage around the house. They (or one of them) dug under the propane tank almost toppling it, chewed quite few flowers and bushes, dug under the the tiles around the shop and the house, dug numerous holes in the gardens and other places you can break leg in. I just got home from a long business trip and I am fixing stuff already few days and I am not done yet. before we fenced the dog run we spent few thousand for injuries caused by barb wire. They would chase something and go through the fence full speed and come home all bloodied. I heard that horses are expensive but I see dogs are just about as bad. I bet I could have bought a Porsche for the money we spent because of dogs past 15 years.

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #12  
I had a lab that keeps messing with my garbage can that was laced with hot sauce and still go at it ????:duh:

anyways I feel for you.

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #13  
radioman you can always wrap a little electric fence wire around the garbage cans hook it up and let him go at it.. A couple of blast from that might straighten him out.

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #14  
Dear Redneck
You do know they sell dog food these days so you can feed them ... right?

Enjoy the pup

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #15  
I have 2 dogs. Pain in the ARSE. I told the little lady they are on a 3 strike program then I will be digging a hole. The best thing I have done to this point to stop them after beating them both till my hand hurts is put in a invisible fence with boundaries set up to protect the deck, front porch, flower beds, and drive way. I turned the collars up full blast and after a few good shocks they have tamed down a little.

Chris

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #16  
When my lab mix was a puppy, he chewed the trailer wiring harness off my truck 3 times, chewed up any cord into 2 inch pieces, dug holes about 3 feet deep. He is twelve now, and will still dig a hole 3 feet deep to get a mole. If he trees an animal, he lays under the tree until you kill what ever is up the tree. He has waited as long as twelve hours to be rescued. He woofs about every 20 minutes so he is hard to track, and will go silent when you get close. Have had to remove roots from his mouth, that got caught between his teeth when he bit them in two while digging.

My 8 year old akita mix is a mouse hunter, and will destroy anything that is in his way to get at a mouse. Has ripped the wiring harness out of my pressure washer three times, before I build a guard to protect them. Ripped the doors and drawer fronts off of a old dresser after a mouse. Tore the siding off of my storage shed once.

When they are together, I refer to them as the "two dog demolition crew"

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #17  
Are you sure it was your dog and not a rat? We had wood rats that would chew hoses, wires, even pvc pipes.

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #19  
Diamondpilot beat me to it: the invisible fence w/ shock collar was a great investment for us. We have a young Australian Shepherd that would chew almost anything until just a few months ago. I almost shot him when I came home after a short vacation last July 4th and he had chewed up all the drip lines to the grapevines. I had *just* installed them a few days before. After installing the invisible fence, he was still a wonderful, loving, happy dog, but he magically stopped coming up on the deck and peeing, tormenting the kids when they played on the swingset, chewing garden and orchard drip irrigation, etc. etc. It's awesome. They learn really quick where their boundaries are. You can make inclusion zones, exclusion zones, or both real easy.

Marcus

/ Dog chewed brake line on our truck. #20  
My theory is that the brakes worked for the whole round trip until it gradually lost all the brake fluid just when she got home. There was an ABS warning but I guess it got ignored because the brakes worked until the last minute.
The dog is going kind of expensive. All patio furniture is chewed up, mud flaps on truck are all gone but one, garden hoses have holes in them, lawnmower seat is all chewed up. Doggy door flap is gone and there is more to discover I suppose.

our labs chewed for 8m and destroyed everything not 4' off the ground.. was a trying time .. :(