Dog fences, wireless or buried?

/ Dog fences, wireless or buried? #11  
Ok fellows..Here’s the info that I can give you about underground dog fences..At one time I used to be a dealer for Radio Fence and have installed 15 systems. I don’t have any experience with the wireless systems. They work on the same principle so they should be all right but distance will be limited. Green_in_MI---I have had a black lab on my system for Nine years now and he has never, ever run through the wire. But I do agree with Terryinmd that it depends on the dog. When I go bid a job I want to see the dog that is to be contained and it only takes about 1 minute to see how trained or unruly it is. I have even discouraged some customers from putting a system in because of the dog’s behavior. Kiphorn—(No matter what system you buy, training is the key). Training is probably the single most important aspect of the system. I stress to the customers that I install for to follow the training procedure to the tee. All systems no matter what the brand have training instructions that come with them. Overlyrun and rmorgan – I don’t know what kind of wire the Innoteck systems use, but the radiofence(or Petsafe) use 18-gauge direct burial wire. Not any wire will do as the sheathing is rated for different uses on wire. If the wire is going to be buried, then it needs to be the proper type. Dlabrie—Yes snow depth does have an effect on the signal therefore decreasing the effectiveness of the system. The wire can be put in the ground by any means possible, but I use a Murray 5 hp tiller with the tines removed and a blade installed with a wire guide follower. Sure takes all the work out of installing the wire.