Dogs

/ Dogs #21  
My wife and I have three rescues, a French Beauceron, a Belgium Malinois and a Min Pin.

I used to have boxers and adopted or found homes for several. Lately, I just look for purebreds in need of a good home. It is kind of neat to compare the breeds.

Only thing worse than animal abuse is child abuse. In either case, the perp ought to be publicly flailed.

/ Dogs #23  
Our girl, Jule....in her favorite place (other then bed).

Attachments

• jule 2.jpg
    jule 2.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 250
   / Dogs #24  
Got three now - two airedales and Great Pyreneese.

Also from time to time we participate in the airedale underground railroad - thats where the last photo came from. We drove two ADTs from Richmond to Baltimore to deliver them to their new owners.

Attachments

• Montmorency.jpg
    Montmorency.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Clementine.jpg
    Clementine.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Venus.jpg
    Venus.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Mgd_0035.jpg
    Mgd_0035.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 161
   / Dogs #26  
We've got four.

Tubby (black) was dumped out our way as a puppy, along with his 3 siblings. We gave the 3 away & kept him

Chloe (white) is our little ham and was also dumped out our way along with her sister. My business partner took her sister.

Otis (brown on right) was picked up by us at the shelter, he's our parvo AND blasto-mycosis survivor

Hattie (in back) was found along with fannie (on left who's sister in laws dog) abaondoned near a gas station. Wife/sister in law picked them up after talking to the folks at the station.

Fannie ("sheperd" on left) is sister in laws dog who's staying with us until her house is finished.

Tubby (black) is/can be ferrocious. He's the Alpha and earlier this summer, we were on back side of farm. Neighbors dogs (three of them) came over and started to harass him. He took the three of them on. One of them was a pitt bull. Tubby had the three of them turned & tail tucked before it was over. Interestingly, you get him inside and he's the absolute BEST behaved dog out of ALL of them. He finds his place, lays down and you won't know he's there.

Indeed.... he was over at Wifes uncles house next door, they had him inside. Turns out they went on a long weekend trip. Along Sunday, I asked if she'd seen him "no". Went over there and they left him inside the house (unknowingly). Seems he went into a spare bedroom and was quiet as a mouse all day. They'd forgotten about him and left town.

Got 2 cats too :D One of them likes toilets...

Attachments

• DSCN3105.JPG
    DSCN3105.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 181
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN2056.JPG
    DSCN2056.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 153
   / Dogs #27  
Yep... he loves the toilet

Attachments

• DSCN3304.JPG
    DSCN3304.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 178
   / Dogs #29  
Out of the hundreds of dogs I have owned, I had to show a photo of my favorite one. Spike was a Redbone coonhound that I had for 14 years and entered in competition coon hunts from Florida to Illinois while earning his Grand Championship degree. He had such a great personality that it was impossible to make him growl at or bite a human and yet he was strong and brave enough to dispatch the largest raccoon with a single bite. His loyalty, determination, courage, yet compassionate nature will never be forgotten.

Attachments

• spike.jpg
    spike.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 172
   / Dogs #30  
Two right now: 1 1/2 year irish wolfhound who just swiped my sandwich off the counter as I type this and 3 1/2 year pyrenee our guard. The pyr is a rescue. I'm pleased to see all the other pyr owners here!

Jack

Attachments

• 100_1033R.jpg
    100_1033R.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_1040R.jpg
    100_1040R.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 158