Don Rickles Recovering

/ Don Rickles Recovering #2  
Never found his insult style of comedy to be funny.

Last edited:
   / Don Rickles Recovering #4  
Always liked Rickles on the old Dean Martin and Johnny Carson shows.........glad he's recovering.

Don Rickles recovering from flesh-eating disease | Fox News

and how is this "related"??..No offense..it's JMO that TBN needs an "unrelated" forum...as in i.e., "unrelated" to any of the other tractor etc. forums...

...that said...I think Rickles was best in roles like he had in 'Kelly's Heros'...
...I never saw him perform live so I have to base my opinions on what I've seen...he seemed satisfied to get laughs from the band etc. by telling as many "inside" jokes as he did (insult) ones that most audiences would get...

Rodney Dangerfield turned Rickles' insult shtick on himself and turned it into a fortune...

/ Don Rickles Recovering #5  
and how is this "related"??..No offense..it's JMO that TBN needs an "unrelated" forum...as in i.e., "unrelated" to any of the other tractor etc. forums...
...that said...I think Rickles was best in roles like he had in 'Kelly's Heros'...
...I never saw him perform live so I have to base my opinions on what I've seen...he seemed satisfied to get laughs from the band etc. by telling as many "inside" jokes as he did (insult) ones that most audiences would get...

Rodney Dangerfield turned Rickles' insult shtick on himself and turned it into a fortune...

It seems to me that this "related" forum is superfluous, at best; the "Front Porch" forum should be able to handle "unrelated" subjects that don't fit in the "Friendly Politics" or the "Rural Living" categories. Besides. IMHO, it makes no difference one way or another, since I check all of the forums any way. The only misstep that has any consequence at all, would be to post a controversial political topic outside of the political forum.

/ Don Rickles Recovering

An "unrelated" forum would be OK but like others....I'd read them both anyways so it wouldn't matter much. Lots of non tractor related topics in this forum......I guess we all can read what we want.:confused3:

/ Don Rickles Recovering #8  
I love Rickles old appearances on the Johnny Carson show. He was completely politically incorrect, but picked on everyone equally. He just had the right look, the right delivery, and completely in-your-face attitude that was perfect for his brand of humor. I'd even bet you that at 95 he keeps his nurses and hospital staff in stitches (no pun intended).

/ Don Rickles Recovering #9  
He still comes on Letterman once in a while. Still pretty funny.