Don't Believe Everything You Read

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #11  
Re: Don\'t Believe Everything You Read

<font color="red">Plus the good folks in Nebraska can't sell kubotas because of there exclusive little tax for doing business there . I wonder if tehre is any connection? </font>

If you're saying that the guys at NTT in anyway fudged results you are 100% wrong! That is probably one of the last completely honest group of guys left in the country. They take their work very seriously and have made many an enemy over the years by calling them like they test.

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #12  

just saying everyone has an opinion and an adgenda of some sort thats all

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #13  

The NTT doesn't have an opinion or an agenda, period. They are brand blind and good, bad, or indifferent they report the facts pure and simple. They get no funding or outside sourcing from any private organization.

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #14  

good to know the 411 on that group I am sure they are good at what they do.

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #15  

<font color="blue">just saying everyone has an opinion and an agenda of some sort thats all </font>

kubotaman, this isn't a "slam" at you, and I hope you don't take it that way. (And how could I slam anyone whose nick is "kubotaman"?) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just got a little discouraged when I read those words that I quoted. With all the lying, cheating and scheming that goes on in this world, I can easily see how you might feel that way; and depending on how one interprets the word "agenda", your statement might just be absolutely correct.

I guess my point is that sometimes an "agenda" can be a good one. Mother Theresa's agenda was to help poor sick people; Nelson Mandela's agenda was to end racial injustice in South Africa; and I believe cowboydoc when he says that NTT's agenda is to accurately determine the capabilities of tractors to the best of their ability. They sure would lose a lot of credibility, and therefore their entire reason for being, if they were to do any different.

And the word "opinion" might not be suitable to describe the results of their tests. When something is measured with an accurate testing device, I think one ends up with more of a "fact" than an opinion.

But that's just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif And as usual, I hope that my agenda is to get at the truth and while doing no harm.

John

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #16  

John, you are always bringing logic into the statements, words can take so many different turns... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #17  

Hey John,
my brother in law in Berlin ct said they got almost 20" this weekend . How much did you get where you are ?

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #18  

I was browsing and I think maybe they don't use the SAE test at Nebraska because I haven't found a tractor yet that meets the published specs.

The 24" out numbers are extra sketchy becasue the top link length can change your lift strength.

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #19  

<font color="blue"> The 24" out numbers are extra sketchy becasue the top link length can change your lift strength.</font>
I don't know how you figure that. The lower arms are the ones that do the lifting. The top link only changes the angle of the implement.

/ Don't Believe Everything You Read #20  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And the word "opinion" might not be suitable to describe the results of their tests. When something is measured with an accurate testing device, I think one ends up with more of a "fact" than an opinion.

John )</font>

Actually, not to be nit-picky but I think you end up with "data" when something is measured with an accurate testing device. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A fact is a statement of truth. "This tractor is orange" is a fact. A measured distance or applied force is a piece of data. You can use the data to show that facts are indeed factual.

For instance, I can use an accurate device to measure the light reflected off the sheetmetal of my tractor and analyze it's makeup and determine the scientific or technologically correct color of the paint. That would support the fact that my tractor is indeed orange. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I do believe they have an "agenda". I hope they do. The word conjures so many negative images and has so many negative connotations it's hard to see it as a good thing sometimes. I hope their agenda is to be as accurate as possible and hold manufactures to the flame when they decide to market their product using lies or bad data.

JMO though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif