Tires Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!!

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #11  
Just in case some may not know, Titan makes Good Year ag tires. Have for some years now.
Also over on New Ag Talk you can find post about Titan tires and one Titan rep. post replies there. The OP may be able to contact that guy and get some help as well.

Yes, I knew Titan bought Good Year, but tires are still sold under the Good Year brand, whether or not they are made at the same facility as Titan branded tires, I don't know. A company can buy another and still retain the manufacturing facilities and manufacturing process. It is getting hard to tell who makes or owns what. Buy a Case or NH and some models will be made by Shibaru and some by LS.

When we bought new tires for one of our tractors a couple of years ago, they were very hard to find and we had to get Michelin for the front and Firestone for the rear as no one had a full set in the same brand of that size.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #12  
Armstrong were always the weak, poorer ag tires for decades, that is likely the influence that keep coming through.....

Firestone is the clear leader of high quality.

Anything else and you had the cheap Chineese tires, or one of the several small companies that are now rounded up under the Titan umbrella.

After the tarriff issue the USA imposed upon China, all tires have gone up drasitically in the USA. Worldwide demand for tires helped too.

So we are left with Firestone, Titan/Goodyear, or an import.

As mentioned, the fella that runs Titan used to be active on the other farm forum, but he kinda got pounded down by people with issues. To be sure Titan tires are not the top quality; but he's a good guy trying to keep a USA business afloat in trying times.

Titan/Goodtear is a cheaper tire, probably why it came with your tractor - less cost to the OEM. Tractor tires tend to sit out a lot, with no wheel wells over them like a car. The sun beats them up pretty good; and as a low speed tire they have different standards than a high=speed auto or truck tire has.

So - yep, they likely weather checked a little early.

I got tires on my tractors that weather checked 15 years ago. Still going strong.

You need to compare apples to apples, those Titan tires will be a good value for you for years and years, small weather checking or not.

If you expected showroom quality tires for decades, then no Titan isn't for you.

I understand the disappointment of not getting what you expected, but then - a tractor is a working thing, not a museum piece, a few weathering cracks won't hurt the tire for years and years on a slow-moving tractor. A lot of farmers would jump at the chance to get a $100 discount on a lightly checked tractor tire, it's really no big deal. Perhaps you had your expectations a little high on this....

Hope you get what is important in life sorted out for yourself before next week, so we don't have to see 3 more threads all the same rant. :)

--->Paul

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #13  
Looks like the OP must have deleted his post...

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #14  
Well I'll be. He just upped and left us hanging.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #15  
Now its mentioned here again there is plenty of folks that I have read about that are concerned about the cracks to make me think there is something to it mine being cracked also.

I am not extremely worried about it obviously I went and bought 2 new ones to match the rears but there are obviously others that feel pretty strongly about it.

I got the runaround also but I half expected that since the new tires were on a used tractor I bought out of state from a used equipment dealer and I had no receipt or date of purchase etc. Fact I even wondered if mine were blems and they got them on sale anything is possible w/used stuf.. The size is still imprinted in the treads still after 125 hours so its clear mine are not abused in any way. just my .002"

Last edited:
   / Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #16  
I have Titans on my 2003 TN75 and have been very pleased. Have to add a little air every 2 to 3 years. Sorry you got some bad ones

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #17  
I have titans on my 3320 and one of my front tires has had a slow leak for a few months. I've gotten along with it quite well by airing it up every two weeks or so.

I had done so the last time I used it....and decided to cut my weeds and grasses last friday. Looked at the tire and decided it looked good when I lifted a log off the trail. Well......musta needed air as an hour later I rolled the tire off the rim. The valve stem was gone too.....so it may have pulled out thru the brush....I dunno.

When I took it to the tire shop.....the tire was pretty weather checked and they thought I should replace the tire rather than tube it. I put on the same size goodyear tire ON ONE SIDE ONLY.

MY QUESTION: Should I have replaced both front tires?? ....or will I make differential problems due to potential slight diameter differences with the front tires?

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #18  
I have Titans on my 2003 TN75 and have been very pleased. Have to add a little air every 2 to 3 years. Sorry you got some bad ones

When I was buying my TN65 back in 2000 I wouldn't accept it with the Titans on it. The reason being every tractor on the lot at the time with Titans had weather checks on the side walls. When my tractor arrived it had Titans and I had specified Goodyears (before they were the same company). The very first thing I looked at when inspecting it was the tires and when I saw they were Titans I looked and you could easily see the weather checks in them as well. So they swapped the tires with another TN on the lot that had Goodyears and I just replaced the front tires finally after 12 years (wore out) and had replaced one rear tire last year after it got sliced. The other tire still has a lot of good tread and is holding up fine. The Titans probably would have worked fine for me but I didn't trust them back then. The new tires are Arkurets or something like that (it is what the dealer was able to get in a hurry since the tires went down when I needed the tractor). I prefer Firestone if I have the chance but some times you get what you get to keep working. I do think Titan has improved a lot since 2000 so I wouldn't be scared of them now

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #19  
I'm not sure yet how well my Titan tires will do, they are only 13 years old.

/ Don't buy a tractor with Titan Tires on it!!!! #20  
I haven't had any issues with Titan tires I've had...