Don't Honk at Old People!

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #11  
Not real. Air bags are tuned so that can't happen. And a real air bag deployment is much more violent.

Sent from my MB525 using TractorByNet

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #12  
Not real. Air bags are tuned so that can't happen. And a real air bag deployment is much more violent.

I agree, much more violently

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #13  
Agree with it being fake.

Unless things have changed from when I was in auto-tech school, the car has to be travelling above a certain speed or the airbags WONT deploy. Something like above 25 or 30 before they will go off. And that is only if the deceleration is above a certain rate. That is why snowplowing parking lots usually dont trip airbags. Minimum speed isnt reached. And I have caught some curbs pretty good in lots I was unfamiliar with:banghead:

Besides, how many 88 year-old women are walking around with a 30lb dumbell in their bag?

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #14  
little old men wearing fishing hats!!
uh, oh.
I wear one of those, have a really fat head and those little hats are one of the few that fit well...
Better make sure I keep my speed at five over...
actually the hat is mostly to preserve my balding head from smacking into the grapples fingers; boy that smarts.
I asked for some Carrhart double kneed logger pants for Christmas, maybe they make a double padded fishing hat... :)

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #15  
I just watched it again, an yea, airbags are WAY more violent. I didnt catch that the first time, and seen soo many of you post that, I had to watch again.

I have a habit of liking to set off airbags taken out of junk cars. Turned upside down on the ground, and standing back 50 ft, plug the battery charger in to deliver 12v to the bag, they make a LOUD boom and go about 30' in the air. That thing in the vid would be lucky to clear a foot off the gound.

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #16  
I got 'airbagged' once. Broke my nose, broke my glasses and ripped the inside of my lower lip from my gums. Nothing candid about them. I was only doing 40mph.

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #17  
You geezers really are gullible. I have videos of aliens landing if you want to see

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #18  
You geezers really are gullible. I have videos of aliens landing if you want to see

Gee Cigar...I want to see....I knew it ...I just knew it...there are aliens and I knew they were here...amongst us ...some are right here on TBN...I just know it....Yeah, post the pictures of their mother ship...let's expose them...

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #19  

Real air bags can beat the stuffing out of you sometimes but what's really scarey are the counterfeit airbags! Here's a video of two fake airbag deployments, the first is an under deployment which is pretty tame even though it probably provides little protection compared to a real one. The second is self explanatory.

NHTSA's Video on Counterfeit Chinese Airbags - YouTube

/ Don't Honk at Old People! #20  
It's fake. I saw that video a few years ago. Still funny though..