don't run right

/ don't run right #11  
Re: don\'t run right

Check the points, oil could be coming past the plunger and getting on the contacts, this will typically happen within the first five or ten minutes, after it quits and sits for a bit the oil will runn off the contacts and it wiil start again. Next time it quits check for spark...

/ don't run right #12  

If your spark checks o.k., you could have an exhaust valve sticking. Some air cooled engines can experience this when there is excess carbon build up on the valve stems. The only cure for this is to remove the cylinder head , remove the valves and clean them up and also clean the valve guides.

/ don't run right

thank's guy's for your help, i'll pull the head this afternoon and see what's up.

/ don't run right #14  

Beet me too it. Kohlers have been known for the exhaust valve sticking. Sometimes you can just clean it up and be good to go.
Good Luck

/ don't run right #15  

I believe somebody mentioned the condenser, the symptoms you describe can be attributed to a bad condenser. A coil can break down similiar to that also. After engine quits can you attach an extra spark plug and check for fire?