Door hold open trick/device?

/ Door hold open trick/device? #1  

stoyan79

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, TYM 4820CH
I would like to figure out a way to keep my door slightly open when the weather is nice, any device or a trick to accomplish that?

/ Door hold open trick/device? #4  
I would like to figure out a way to keep my door slightly open when the weather is nice, any device or a trick to accomplish that?
Branson used to have a hook on their cabbed models near the latch that would hold the door open like 3 or 4".

/ Door hold open trick/device? #5  
bungee cord and a tennis ball.

/ Door hold open trick/device? #7  
I agree with the prior 5 posters that I do not think this is a good idea. But using a clip like the one below will work. Put the loop in the door and push until the latch locks. Then use the clip to clip on the post on the cab pillar. It will put your door 3-4" open.
1698372775313.png

If you decide to go ahead with driving with doors not shut the left door is TA00062868A and the right is TA00062869A.

/ Door hold open trick/device? #8  
I would think a simple hook and eye would work. One of those cheapo ones would rattle when not in use, but the more expensive brass type, might be the answer. They come in different lengths depending on how far open you want the door.

/ Door hold open trick/device? #9  
Just open a window. I've replaced 2 doors. One an accident one because of I wanted it open. You have enough to pay attention to without needing to remember to close a door if you get to close to something.

/ Door hold open trick/device? #10  
I know what you mean. Sometimes a little ventilation is just the ticket.

If the door has a fairly strong closing spring, you can use the same trick that works in our JD cab.

I took an old soft leather glove and hung it by string next to the door latch.

For ventilation I fold the glove, open the door a few inches, & place the glove right where the door latch meets the frame. That way the latch mechanism can't close all the way but closes enough to hold the glove in place - and the door is held open an inch or two. It all depends on the door spring having enough closing force to hold the glove in place. In ours, the leather protects the latch and the door doesn't bounce.
good luck,
rScotty