/ DOT and non comercial traffic
here is a quickie

Attachments

• 101_2686.JPG
    101_2686.JPG
    768.5 KB · Views: 172
   / DOT and non comercial traffic #192  
I got alot of work to do on it this weekend.. including making a step to get into the bed of my truck using a 2" sleave and plate in the bumper pull tounge slot..

soundguy

/ DOT and non comercial traffic #194  
:confused::confused:Chris, can you explain more about that "form", where you get it, when and why, why you have to send it in, etc?

When you get a ticket I believe you get the form along with a envelope to mail it in with. If you decide to fight the ticket you still have to mail in the insurance form.

To be honest I have not been pulled over in 12 or more years but when I was in college my dad called me and said my license was suspended. He had gotten a letter in the mail stating so. I had gotten a ticket and fought it. I won but I failed to mail in the form. I guess I thought I did not need to since I took it to court and won. Anyway my license got suspended. All it took was a trip to the court house, back to my insurance agents office, then back to the court house and it was reinstated in something like 72 hours but man what a shock. If I had been pulled over I probably would have been arrested.

Chris

/ DOT and non comercial traffic #195  
Well.. got my gooseneck today. picked it up at 4pm.. was raining like cats and dogs.

trailer pulls like a dream.. and feels great on the truck. was easy to set the prodigy controller up for it.

Now I gotta go get a spare tire.

shoulda just bought one fromt he trailer dealer but forgot.. and he's 2-3 cities away.. will have to pull a rim/tire off I guess and head up to the local tire store to get one.

I don't know what the bolt pattern is on mine.. know it's a 16" rim think it's a 235 80 r 16

soundguy

Congrads on the trailer. If its a 16" wheel it should be a 8 lug and they are standard. Just get a 8 lug trailer wheel to match and a tire.

Chris

I'll know tomorrow for sure!

soundguy

/ DOT and non comercial traffic #197  
Cheapest 8 lug wheel and tire I could find came from Ebay. 125 shipped and mounted if I remember. Everyone else wanted an arm and a leg.

yep.. 16" 8 lug.

best I could find locally was 150$.. didn't feel like saving 10$ and ordering.. so i just went ahead and got it locally.

Made a step the sticks into my bumper-pull reciever.. makes it easier to get into the bed.. also mounted an eyelet to hook my break away line to.

lotsa setup work left to do. plus gotta get up on the tounge of the trailer and mount that slightly heavy tire!

thanks guys!

soundguy

/ DOT and non comercial traffic #199  
Here is one I made for my sister's conversion van.

The step surface started out as a part for one of the fire engine builders in Ocala, but due to their refusal to pay for "stocked parts", it ended up in my collection and later in my sister's van hitch. Works great, or so she tells me.
David from jax

looks way better than mine!

soundguy