dot number

/ dot number #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
I requested my dot number on line last week. I have heard nothing so far. How long does it take?

I made a double post. How do I delete one?

Last edited:
   / dot number #2  
I requested my dot number on line last week. I have heard nothing so far. How long does it take?

Last time we got one it showed up online right away and we got a follow up e-mail.

/ dot number #3  
Last time we got one it showed up online right away and we got a follow up e-mail.

Thats how it was for us too but that was a few years ago

/ dot number #4  

MESSMAKER, when I first went to register my Dodge dually for 26k GCW, I looked into getting the DOT number. I was informed that I would have to undergo safety and operational review and did indeed talk to the state rep that covers my county. That's when I decided to limit my miles and go with farm tags. Did you get any of that feedback?

/ dot number
MESSMAKER, when I first went to register my Dodge dually for 26k GCW, I looked into getting the DOT number. I was informed that I would have to undergo safety and operational review and did indeed talk to the state rep that covers my county. That's when I decided to limit my miles and go with farm tags. Did you get any of that feedback?

It hits at 10,001lbs. I do tractor work for hire so I am commercial. It is based on your capacity, not your actual load. It requires a good bit of work to comply but I can see why it is done.

/ dot number #6  
it took 2 seconds
a page came up that said "here's your number and PIN" and then they sent an email later (and a snail mail letter a few weeks later)

You sure you didn't see it after you hit submit? It's not the most obvious page in the world (government designed web page, what do you expect?)

if you really did hit submit, you can search for your number by going into the database and searching on your company name. that will bring it up also.

/ dot number
I tried to resubmit last night and it would not let me. I must already have be assigned a number. I called the help line and left a message that I was having a problem. I got some a return call from some dumba$$ whose best solution was"try it again". He then ends his call by saying "call us back if you have any more problems".

/ dot number #8  
Welcome to the Gubment. They could screw up a one man march.;)

Chris