Double row potato plow?

/ Double row potato plow? #11  
DRW, how did the beds turn out? i'm considering a double bottom plow to carve beds with and am wondering how your potato plow did? thanks, madalyn

/ Double row potato plow?
Madalyn,

I ended up getting exactly what I wanted: A double row potato plow. It performed exactly as I imagined it would, too.

I ended up not using it as much, however, because our soil is extremely sandy. The sandy soil means that the perfectly formed raised beds were draining off the water way too quickly, and my plants suffered tremendously.

I also have a double bottom plow, and I used that to make a bed for my blackberries. The bed was about 6' wide which was just about perfect. That's how I'll be making any beds that I do make from now on.

/ Double row potato plow? #13  
Madalyn, I ended up getting exactly what I wanted: A double row potato plow. It performed exactly as I imagined it would, too.

Any good pics you could post?

/ Double row potato plow? #14  
I used two opposed 20" discs mounted on an old JD M soil ripper bar and adapted to 3ph. Below is a picture. Made nice raised rows in one pass.

Ralph

Attachments

• Disc Hillers Rear sm.jpg
    Disc Hillers Rear sm.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 445
   / Double row potato plow?
I actually looked through my photos and I can't find any. I must not have ever taken any pictures.

Next time I'm out there, I'll take a shot of the implement I'm using, as well as some of the rows. It's winter so there's not much growing, but some of the rows are still there.