Doubtful... but not sure

/ Doubtful... but not sure
Thanks to all for the helpful replies - exactly what I was hoping to get.

Like Deaf, I'm not going to be able to leave the tractor onsite - I hope it would be safe but just can't be too sure yet. I have a 1.5 hour trip each way so transporting back and forth is a concern - especially considering the disgusting price of fuel today.

I found a place locally that rents tractors by the day. I am leaning toward renting for some period of time - this keeps me from rushing into a decision (makes the wife happy) and also should let me determine how well a certain size tractor handles what I need to get done. I'm not sure exactly what different sizes are available but I'll at least be more informed for a decision.

The general opinion seems to be that a 20-30 HP tractor will do what I need - it will just take longer than a 50-60 HP.

I guess I could actually handle the place with my push mower, ATV disc and what my Dad used to call a Chinese backhoe and one-wheeled dump truck (shovel and wheel barrow). With a 36" wide disc I’d probably get done about the same time I needed to start again!

It looks like it boils down to time vs. money. Hey, what doesn't???

Thanks again for the help.

/ Doubtful... but not sure
Thanks to all for the helpful replies - exactly what I was hoping to get.

Like Deaf, I'm not going to be able to leave the tractor onsite - I hope it would be safe but just can't be too sure yet. I have a 1.5 hour trip each way so transporting back and forth is a concern - especially considering the disgusting price of fuel today.

I found a place locally that rents tractors by the day. I am leaning toward renting for some period of time - this keeps me from rushing into a decision (makes the wife happy) and also should let me determine how well a certain size tractor handles what I need to get done. I'm not sure exactly what different sizes are available but I'll at least be more informed for a decision.

The general opinion seems to be that a 20-30 HP tractor will do what I need - it will just take longer than a 50-60 HP.

I guess I could actually handle the place with my push mower, ATV disc and what my Dad used to call a Chinese backhoe and one-wheeled dump truck (shovel and wheel barrow). With a 36" wide disc I’d probably get done about the same time I needed to start again!

It looks like it boils down to time vs. money. Hey, what doesn't???

Thanks again for the help.