Downspout drains

/ Downspout drains #1  

RebelYell

Silver Member
East TN, Limestone(between Johnson City and Greene
Tractor
Kubota BX22
I started this work last week and took a few pics. In this pic I am just starting. If this machine was any bigger then I would be shoveling throuh this area. I finsihed putting in the drains and have somewhat leveled everything off. I didn't take alot of pics and I still want to add a few to this string. I plan on installing another sump pump in the field. The hole I dug for this water to dishcarge into is about 4' by 6' and 4' deep. The water level is about 2 feet from the top so I will definately have to add a sump pump. The hole is close to the springhouse. I have a sump pump in the springhouse which runs water out to the creek about 12 hours a day. I want to build a pond behind the springhouse someday and feed it with the spring. If the springhouse wasn't in such good shape then I would tear it down and have a pond there.

Attachments

• 352652-IM000560.JPG
    352652-IM000560.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 622
   / Downspout drains
I dug the drain out from the corner of the picnic area and under the shelter for my wives hammock. Yep, I might as well call it her hammock because I never got to lay in it this past summer. What was great was the little Bota could fit under the shelter so I didn't use a shovel for anything. I wasn't going to do this but I will. Just past the tree is a pipe running from the house to the springhouse. I knew it was there, or at least the vicinity it was in. I started running into roots from that tree, which I am cutting down because it must have been rootbound when it was planted by the former owners. Well, I got tired of chopping the roots so I got a bit tougher with the BH. I saw a small stream shooting into the air and thought I busted a hydraulic line. Then I noticed it was water and knew exaclty what it was. My ditch filled with water fast before I could get the water turned off. Pumped the water out, repaired the line and got back to work.

Attachments

• 352654-IM000559.JPG
    352654-IM000559.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 539
   / Downspout drains #4  
I hate it when a tractor project turns into an unplanned plumbing project! Sounds like you handled it well. Good job.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif