DPF problems..

/ DPF problems.. #11  
That is just SAD - really SAD. I'm so very happy that I took the advice of the Kubota salesman and bought a 2009 Kubota M6040. I was planning on waiting for the M6060 version.

/ DPF problems..
Just got a call from the shop's service manager.

$2,606.12 for the repair. Two injectors which come in a kit (more on that in a minute). I just did the math, when I bought the tractor in 2014, i paid $22,764. This little debacle, not of my own making I may add, is costing me roughly 12% of the tractors original cost. Simply pathetic.

I remember reading one fellow's comment somewhere on this forum, defending these Tier IV machines, equating the DPF system as a wear item for a tractor, similar to a "muffler." Well buddy, I ain't never bought a twenty-six hundred dollar muffler after near 900 hours.

Now, onto the injector "kit." Apparently, and he was shy about telling me this, but I continued to prod, this is such an issue on the 1734 and 1739 machines that AGCO actually makes a repair and upgrade kit for when this happens. According to him, the injectors they are now supplying are "upgraded", and less likely to fail. How nice of them. Maybe the next owner will manage a thousand hours on this set.

I am so peed off, I can hardly see straight.

At any rate, I just wanted to give y'all an update.

/ DPF problems.. #13  
Yikes, a know defect.

I am clearly not a fan of regulation, but if the EPA is going to mandate this crap then they also need to require manufactures to honor a warranty of the emission control system/components for a significant number of hours, 5,000+??? Isn’t this they way it is for cars?

/ DPF problems.. #14  
In addition, they'll need to manually clean the DPF element as well. I'm waiting for the call to give me their final diagnosis (one or both injectors) and the estimate.
Should cost you zip as all the emissions components are warranted for 5 years, no exceptions and that is a Federal Mandate. You cannot 'manually' clean any DPF substrate element, Has to be 'cleaned' in a specialized machine and the machine also determines if the element is still viable as well. You might have to pay for that and cost is determined usually on the size of the element. Again, you might be stuck paying labor on the removal and reinstall but any sensors as well as any related components are warranted under the Federal mandate.

/ DPF problems.. #15  
Should cost you zip as all the emissions components are warranted for 5 years, no exceptions and that is a Federal Mandate. You cannot 'manually' clean any DPF substrate element, Has to be 'cleaned' in a specialized machine and the machine also determines if the element is still viable as well. You might have to pay for that and cost is determined usually on the size of the element. Again, you might be stuck paying labor on the removal and reinstall but any sensors as well as any related components are warranted under the Federal mandate.
His machine is a 2014.

/ DPF problems.. #16  
5 years for a hobbyist is 250 hours. Or maybe 5 regens.

/ DPF problems..
Well, just an update, back from the shop a few weeks ago. They replaced everything with that kit from AGCO. Cleaned out my DPF. Flashed the computer.

4 hours on the machine. Four. Regen kicked on today as I was working it. An hour later, and it won't shut off.

This is asinine. I just wasted 3 grand apparently.

Eff the EPA for mandating this crap and eff AGCO for building this junk. Not sure what I'm gonna do at this point. I should have sold this piece of crap the day it got home from the shop and found a 10 year old machine. Now I'm screwed.

/ DPF problems.. #18  
The inherent issue is.... Most dealership service department really don't know how to service this EPA mandated stuff and don't want to send their techs to learn about how to. I know my Kubota dealer has invested considerable expense in sending their head tech to classes that Kubota puts on so he has the knowledge to fix them and I just happen to know him personally and his attitude about it is well... all of that stuff stinks.

I saw that scenario at the heavy truck dealership I retired from as well.

/ DPF problems.. #20  
Well, just an update, back from the shop a few weeks ago. They replaced everything with that kit from AGCO. Cleaned out my DPF. Flashed the computer.

4 hours on the machine. Four. Regen kicked on today as I was working it. An hour later, and it won't shut off.

This is asinine. I just wasted 3 grand apparently.

Eff the EPA for mandating this crap and eff AGCO for building this junk. Not sure what I'm gonna do at this point. I should have sold this piece of crap the day it got home from the shop and found a 10 year old machine. Now I'm screwed.
Sounds like you're at the stage to lawyer up. This is crazy. The 3k you just dropped must come with a warranty on the work surely? You should by rights get that back anyway as it obviously wasn't work that was needed. What a crappy situation.

• Good Post
Reactions: j23