DPF Removal

/ DPF Removal #11  
If yours has the ability to command a regen like the new 20 series models do, then you should be able to run it however you want. If you don't run it hard enough often enough, it'll tell you to do a regen or will ask for a regen more often. No big deal.

Even if it's like mine and can't do a regen, I'd run it as it is and see how it handles it. It might do ok. I've stopped worrying about mine. I must be running it hard enough. If yours keeps having problems then consider modding it. No point in ruining an expensive part unless you have to.
I agree. I also suspect that in some cases, people bought too big of a tractor (HP wise) and simply don't have enough work load for it to prevent DPF from clogging.

In your case, you have the chipper that takes care of the engine load "issue" just fine and pretty much makes the DPF running trouble free.

/ DPF Removal
If yours has the ability to command a regen like the new 20 series models do, then you should be able to run it however you want. If you don't run it hard enough often enough, it'll tell you to do a regen or will ask for a regen more often. No big deal.

Even if it's like mine and can't do a regen, I'd run it as it is and see how it handles it. It might do ok. I've stopped worrying about mine. I must be running it hard enough. If yours keeps having problems then consider modding it. No point in ruining an expensive part unless you have to.
Good point.

/ DPF Removal #13  
Do you currently have problems with your Branson, since you want to do this? I have a A2300N4 engine in my TYM, I'm at 204h.......never asked for a regen. But I run it at 1800-2k rpms + depending on what I'm doing.

/ DPF Removal #15  
Understandable with a geared model, not so much with an HST.
What difference would the type of transmission have to do with it,
in one you are mechanically changing gears,
in the other you are effectively changing gears by changing the angle of the swash plate in the pump.

/ DPF Removal #16  
What difference would the type of transmission have to do with it,
in one you are mechanically changing gears,
in the other you are effectively changing gears by changing the angle of the swash plate in the pump.
With an HST you can set the throttle at a given RPM and not worry about clutch wear.

/ DPF Removal #17  
I do that with my geared tractors.

/ DPF Removal #18  
I completely removed the DPF on my 21 5520. Had to fab the new exhaust, not hard.
Got the pipe kit (a bunch of random bent exhaust pipe) & muffler on Amazon. Had to make a flange. Not any louder, dry little black smoke, you can idle all day & uses way less fuel. Can’t unplug the DPF ecu or you lose the tach. The DPF flashes all the time; piece of tape fixes that. Zero issues, ru s great.