Chipper DR Chipper Reliability

/ DR Chipper Reliability #11  
No problem.....BTW, you don't have a lot of time. I ordered mine in March and it is finally at the dealer.

/ DR Chipper Reliability
WOW! Four months! From the site, I assumed I could order through the 800# and have it shipped. Would do the same with the DR. Is this not possible,or did you have a special circumstance that delayed it this long?

/ DR Chipper Reliability #13  
They order them from China and have them built and shipped. They do need to wait until they have enough for a cargo container. Call them and find out if they already have an order in with extra chippers.

/ DR Chipper Reliability #15  
Last year I bought a PTO powered chipper from Homier(.com) for about $1,300 plus shipping (can't remember the amount). If I remember correctly, I think it is the FarmPro brand and they claims it can chip up to 6" material. It has an automatic feed too. I had it shipped to a terminal location and picked it up using my small utility trailer. It weighed about 1,000 lbs, it wasn't too bad to assemble and hooked right up to my 3PH. I used it to chip 1" to about 5" fresh cut and long dead saplings. I don't doubt that I had a number of 6"s in there too. It worked great and I chipped many hours per day for about three weekends. I am very happy with my purchase.

/ DR Chipper Reliability #16  
I think the DR powerline has a belt or chain link between the PTO driveline and the flywheel, whereas most other chippers have a direct mechanical connection. I think this is partly why the DR is so much more lightweight. I could be wrong on this, bit think it's correct.

Give a look at http://www.salsco.com/woodchippers.htm

/ DR Chipper Reliability #17  
what about this Salsco chipper. how well does it work. what is the price range for their model 600/624 they look like decent equipment on their web page. how fast can you get these or do you have to wait for a cargo boat like the Jimina thanks for the input

/ DR Chipper Reliability
Wow, those Salsco chippers look pretty HD! Does anyone have a source for prices? I didn't see anything on the site, but by the looks of them, they're not cheap!

/ DR Chipper Reliability #19  
MFL,
I picked up the chipper yesterday and put it together this morning. I was surprised that it took less than an hour to put it together. I made sure to tighten all the already installed bolts as I was putting it together (air power is great). This thing is really a beast. After lubing and changing the oil I put it to work for a short period. 5-6" limbs are not a problem. The chipper didn't stutter. I am going to make a minor change to the feed linkage. It just doesn't look like it will hold up. I'm going to add a couple set screws to it when I get a chance. Overall, looks like it is a good investment.
Rick

/ DR Chipper Reliability #20  
The Homier is the Farmpro ( which is an arm of Homier) and is the Jinma or emorybuilt. I've looked and lusted but I am concerned about the weight. I've got an older Hinomoto E18D(massey 205) It's fine for what I need but I wonder whether the 3ph can deal with 1000 lbs.

skaning1