Draft Control

/ Draft Control #1  

workmytractor

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3520H
I see a lot of discussion on TBN about draft control for the boxblade...or whatever implement. I use a MX5100 kubota and have never seen the issues mentioned in some other posts about the boxblade digging in when the front end rides up on a bump, or dropping a load of dirt when the front end dips in a hole.

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge this feature is not built into my Kubota. If I drop the blade all the way down it seems to "float" to the contour of my work area, and does a fine job of grading and leveling dirt. Does anyone know if this feature is sort-a "built in" when the 3PH is dropped all the way down?

/ Draft Control #2  
Yes, I believe basically all tractors' 3ph's have float. The box angle and weight make a big difference. If you're on a hard surface, then you're right that the box dose'nt "dig in" But in loose dirt it can and will. Also if the position lever is all the way down, then the box should pretty much stay on the ground all the time....It's when you set the box to ride a couple inches off the ground that cause the box to dig in or leave high spots on uneven terrain.

/ Draft Control #3  
The 3 pt. can only lift up. It can not push down. When you hook up, you start with the left side, [drivers] With the lift balls just below the pins, you can lift the 3 pt. up, to hook up, in fact you can lift the 3 pt. to maximum hight lifting only the weight of the hitch. The draft lifts the implment up, when the downward pull, exceeds the draft setting. If the draft setting is at maximum, it will not respond.
Dave