dragging big rocks backwards with chain/loader??

/ dragging big rocks backwards with chain/loader?? #11  
To clear rocks what I did was to bolt a 3/8 metal plate with a ring welded to it to the frame. Run a chain thru it and attach a truck tire snow chain to that. The snow chain will keep the chain from slipping off the rock. ck30 hst.

/ dragging big rocks backwards with chain/loader??
Burying rocks here in northwest Connecticut, at least on my little piece of ground, would involve digging up other rocks to make room for the rock to be buried. True the larger rocks can be buried and I probably would dig up mostly smaller rocks from the earth to do this. Also, while it probably sounds crazy I actually like the shapes of many of the larger rocks I have. I dream of utilizing the various shapes for practical purposes. I hope to use many of them as "poor man's landscaping features". In fact I have used several suitably shaped rocks, (gotta be flat enough on top to hold a beer bottle and a plate) as wind and weatherproof end tables on my patio. Reconfigured stone wall used many of them already. We get some pretty windy weather here. I would like to use several of the larger rocks that are about the size of chairs as both landscaping features and wind blocks for a decent seating area out on the lawn. Won't bother me to have a little less grass to cut either. I guess I will probably pass on the idea of wraping a chain around the loader bucket as it has been stated here this could bend the lip of the bucket.

/ dragging big rocks backwards with chain/loader?? #13  
If you use your bucket, you are sure to bend it. Pull those rocks from your tow bar. A skid will surely help. I pulled a huge stump with my CK25 that weigedt more than I could move with either the bucket or backhoe, and didn't skid. She pulled it, but it was a struggle to maintain traction and move it about 100 feet. Skidding would have made things much easier.

Don't be ashamed of using those rocks for landscaping. Some folks pay big money for big rocks. I just bought one to use instead of a diving board for my pool. It cost me nearly $700 delivered, and is worth every penny because it is beautiful and will never need maintenance. I know a man who operates a stone quarry, and he regularly gets $1000 to $1500 for really large, flat rocks. My rock is about the size of a small garden tractor; weighs 5180 lbs - purple granite like rock called Mount St. Mary's. So, don't underestimate how heavy they can be. I wouldn't think about dragging that beast around without a skid - digs into the ground too much. A skid will save you time and wear on your tractor.