Drainage, quick question

/ Drainage, quick question #1  

David Wayne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I am repairing a 8" tile through an area of heavy clay that always holds water and drowns out crops. I need to install what I call a stand pipe surrounded
by gravel. Orange with 1" holes that stick up 3-4 feet. What is the proper name of them and where can I buy one? I have searched standpipe, drain pipe culvert pipe, drain tile... I need to wrap this job up and move on to stay ahead of planting, Thanks.

/ Drainage, quick question
Thanks a bunch guys, I got the Hickinbottom ordered

/ Drainage, quick question #5  
Your local drainage pipe supplier would have them in stock. I'm not talking about the Farm and Home store necessarily. Talking about the supplier that supports your local drainage tile installers. Or better yet look up the local installer in your advertiser and call him. He'll probably sell you one too.

/ Drainage, quick question
I checked with my local farmers co-op/ hardware 1st, they used to have them. He checked his supplier and called me back 5 minutes later, said he cant get them. I buy tile from a local farmer that carries every thing from 4-24" with every fitting I have ever needed (exept a standpipe) all on honor system. But this time of year he is hard to catch home or I would have had him order one. Thanks