Draw bar - Hitch

/ Draw bar - Hitch #11  
Soundguy said:
then get a drawbar lock from tsc for about 15$.. soundguy

if you go that route, and have delux 3pt with adjustable end links, the cheepy drawbar lock will not fit. youll need a version that attaches at the edges and comes up to attach to the top link.

ask me how i know....

/ Draw bar - Hitch #12  
Same with my ford 5000.. deluxe ends..e tc.. However if you have thet.. just get an a-frame kit and turn your drawbar into a 3pt implement with a toplink bracket... cost is about 20$ from a tisco dealer for the 2 upright parts and nuts/bolts.

Soundguy

/ Draw bar - Hitch #13  
Soundguy said:
Same with my ford 5000.. deluxe ends..e tc.. However if you have thet.. just get an a-frame kit and turn your drawbar into a 3pt implement with a toplink bracket... cost is about 20$ from a tisco dealer for the 2 upright parts and nuts/bolts.

Soundguy

see thats what i ment.... "a-frame kit"

look at you with your fancy names ;)

/ Draw bar - Hitch #14  
I took two pieces of 3/8 inch by 4 inch flat bar stock. I then drilled a 5/8 inch hole near the end of the bar on each piece.

I then got a reciver tube that bolts to a bumper that has holes to mount it with.

I drilled holes the same size as the reciever tube mounts in the other end of the 2 pices of flat stock

I put the pieces of flat stock in a vise and bent them 90 degrees near the hole for the reciever hitch.

You can now bolt them to the receiver hitch and the draw bar this will give you a fairly inexpensive three point receiver hitch with no welding.

/ Draw bar - Hitch #15  
I got a ball and bolted it to my drawbar, and made a drawbar lock out of "drops" from a local welding/steel supply place. Cost was about 10 bucks for the ball and a couple bucks for the metal.

/ Draw bar - Hitch #16  
The Drawbar lock from tsc works pretty good. I like the stuff you guys fabricated alot better though. lol

/ Draw bar - Hitch #17  
Here is a sideview of mine that I made from a crash damaged receiver hitch that I picked up free at a body shop. It is bolted to the drawbar with 3/4" bolts. As you can see in the picture I have the cross pin on the inside so I can keep the attachments as close to the tractor as possible. It has a lot of uses. I made a frame to mount my sprayer to it. I don't have a picture but I also made a frame to lift and pull my 4' springtooth drag. Once you have a 2" receiver hitch mounted on a 3PTH drawbar there are many things that you can attach to it with 2" X 1/4" square tube. It is extremely strong and a lot easier than making a standard 3PTH mount for each implement.

Attachments

• P7170035 (Small).JPG
    P7170035 (Small).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 385
   / Draw bar - Hitch #18  
Just make sure you have something to keep your 3pt from raising.
I almost dumped a trailer that way. Boy did I feel stupid, not
remembering that the 3pt would just lift up...

A chain from the top link pin to a regular (length-wise) drawbar
is the usual trick.