Drawbar

/ Drawbar #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ym1700?)</font> Every 1700 I've ever seen is set up for a drawbar...not all have the bar, or even the mounts, which bolt under the differential, as they have often been scavenged. Still, all I have seen were meant for one. Again, I understand all the "limitations" that have been brought out. There are rational reasons for those limitations. Do what you will. If a thousand people pulled a thousand loads a thousand times with a 3 pt drawbar, and the same with the fixed drawbar, I am convinced there will more injuries and deaths using the 3 pt. drawbar. Thought I might save someone who did not understand the nuances of this from serious injury....did not mean to imply that those of you who understand all the risks should not be free to assume those risks.

/ Drawbar #13  
Jerry.....you are absolutely correct, and others are partially correct, and I partially apologize for not reading slowly and well.

OK, I apologize a little more than partially.

They are fixed, not swinging, but there is a drawbar. And I still wouldn't pull with a 3 pt drawbar, even with a rigid link, it can break or bend, the drawbar can raise up as the thing pulled catches agains trees, and the rapidity with which the force vectors can change and act can shock the living you-know-what out of you. Don't ask me how I know.