Dream Tractor Job

/ Dream Tractor Job
^^^^
If there was than he would/should have been told. I can think of no reason why anybody would do that. A friend did something similar... intentionally building a retaining wall inside the road R/W. I tried to explain to him that if they had to remove it he was SOL, but he had some explanation which didn't even make sense.

Hey B.T., I was wondering how you were doing. It's good to see you posting.

Yeah I have the right to mow anything within 33 feet of the center of the roadway. Since I have a 6 foot mower, making (3) passes (18 feet), with a 12 foot travel lane, puts me at 30 feet; well within the right of way.

If the woman wanted her apple trees saved, she should have put up a sign; it is that simple. Mowing always starts the second week of July in that particular town, so it is not like she did not know I was coming through.

I got the finger when I told her she should not be planting trees on other people's land. (Property starts 33 feet from the center of the road or even further depending on the right of way width). But I was really doing her a favor in disguise. If a person I walking down the roadway, and they do not have 3 feet of room from the edge of the roadway in which to walk due to plantings, the landowner is liable for the pedestrian's death/injury if they are struck by a car/truck. A lot of people do not know that, and would cut their bushes back if they did.

/ Dream Tractor Job #12  
Yeah I have the right to mow anything within 33 feet of the center of the roadway. Since I have a 6 foot mower, making (3) passes (18 feet), with a 12 foot travel lane, puts me at 30 feet; well within the right of way.

If the woman wanted her apple trees saved, she should have put up a sign; it is that simple. Mowing always starts the second week of July in that particular town, so it is not like she did not know I was coming through.

I got the finger when I told her she should not be planting trees on other people's land. (Property starts 33 feet from the center of the road or even further depending on the right of way width). But I was really doing her a favor in disguise. If a person I walking down the roadway, and they do not have 3 feet of room from the edge of the roadway in which to walk due to plantings, the landowner is liable for the pedestrian's death/injury if they are struck by a car/truck. A lot of people do not know that, and would cut their bushes back if they did.

I was unaware of that, also. My mother's hedge has grown out to less than that. In order for it to be a hindrance though a person would need to be walking in the ditch.

/ Dream Tractor Job
Hey B.T., I was wondering how you were doing. It's good to see you posting.

I am doing well I guess. Medication seems to be handling the brain cancer well enough, so for the first time in 18 months I am out and about again. I stayed busy over the winter exploring my place some, and found some interesting discoveries, enough so I wrote a book about it. A nice memoir of the last 4 years of my life.

Really a lot has happened since I was posting on here, like getting returning pituitary cancer, getting things settled in court with that logger that stole all my wood, almost financial ruin, and then just when I was sure we could not handle any more issues, Katie and I lost our unborn son. It was a lot to handle, but God met our needs, kept us fed and warm, and we survived the winter. We got a couple of people interested in one particular house, though two are up for sale, a spare house here in Maine, and another in New Hampshire.

/ Dream Tractor Job #14  
I'm sorry to hear that, especially about your son. It sounds like you are doing your best.
Take care.

/ Dream Tractor Job #15  
I am doing well I guess. Medication seems to be handling the brain cancer well enough, so for the first time in 18 months I am out and about again. I stayed busy over the winter exploring my place some, and found some interesting discoveries, enough so I wrote a book about it. A nice memoir of the last 4 years of my life.

Really a lot has happened since I was posting on here, like getting returning pituitary cancer, getting things settled in court with that logger that stole all my wood, almost financial ruin, and then just when I was sure we could not handle any more issues, Katie and I lost our unborn son. It was a lot to handle, but God met our needs, kept us fed and warm, and we survived the winter. We got a couple of people interested in one particular house, though two are up for sale, a spare house here in Maine, and another in New Hampshire.

God speed.Wish you & your family well.

/ Dream Tractor Job
Flail Mower: 1
Brand New Chainsaw: 0

Well, it was a Husqvarna so it was not a REAL chainsaw, but it was new, WAS!

Apparently my neighbor had put his new chainsaw in the back of his truck, but then his wife went to go to the store to get lunch. She did not shut the tailgate, so when she got back, the saw was gone.

I found it.

It slid out of the back of the truck when she backed into the road, and then took off. The high weeds hid it until I came along. I totally obliterated it. All that was left was the bar, and that was bent into a pretzel.

I talk to myself because I have worked by myself for the past three years, and I just said, "well that is a first." I mean I have hit kids bikes, dozens of tires, skidder cables, sheep fence, barb wire, dozens of tires, and even property markers, but not a chainsaw...until now. Well they heard me talking to myself, so came over to look, but they did not see it. I was long gone, so they stopped at the shop and asked the mechanic who knew nothing about it, so he asked me if I saw a chainsaw in my travels. Well indeed I did!

We both got a chuckle out of it.

It is too bad, it was a new chainsaw, and in my own experience I have run them over with bulldozers and skidders.