drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal?

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #31  
Forget silicone caulk, hydraulic cement, etc. Use Sikaflex 1A sealant. Sikaflex has been around for years in the marine industry. I have used Sikaflex 1A to virtually make a boat out of my basement. My basement is on ledge, back filled with clay. My basement is a drainage nightmare. The Sikaflex has never leaked.
Make sure the cement is dry then clean the cement with a wire brush and apply. You can purchase Sikaflex in a tube or mix your own as a powder. I use the tube. You can buy it in different colors to match your foundation. It takes a few days to cure but once cured you will be amazed. You couldn't peal it off if you wanted to. It is very flexible. It is more than capable of expanding or moving somewhat. It will seal your foundation.

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal?
Do you guys recommend hand drilling the 2.5" hole thru 8" concrete or use a base and drill it. I can rent both at Home Depot for the same price. The Hilti DD150U comes with the base or you can free hand it. I have never core drilled anything so thinking putting it on the base would be easier. Or If I hand drill it I can get closer to the top of the wall but don't have a clue if I will hit rebar or how hard hand drilling would be. Ricky

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #33  
I hand drilled 10 holes thru an 8" wall. Barely nicked rebar once.

Ok I found a company that will drill for a hundred more than it cost me to rent the machine. I need the hole as close to the ceiling as I can get it and straight so I will just pay them. A lot of folks said I could hand drill it and in most cases I would. the hole will be around 7 foot off the ground and I would be on a ladder. Just don't know how straight the hole would be at the end of the drill.

Now I don't know what to do with the wire coming out of the conduit. Do you guys see any problem with the wire exiting the conduit and dropping down into the subpanel. I was going to leave the 12" area from where the conduit exits the concrete wall and sub panel void of conduit. It seems if I use conduit I run the chance of it draining into the subpanel.

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #35  
0207181229.jpgi bought this, and a $100 core bit to drill 10 holes.

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #36  
20110605_MD_GeoA0006.JPG
20110605_MD_GeoA0009.JPG

Easy to get a straight hole by hand.

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #37  
Is this hole in the wall above or below grade? Not that it matters if sealed.

Is there conduit from end to end, or is the direct burial wire and you just want a sleeve thru the wall?

I drilled from the outside to the inside, below grade outside. Sealed with hydraulic cement. No water leak issues.

A friend talked me into him and I drilling the hole. The rental place has a 13" bit and my buddy has the drill that will work with bit. The hole will be below grade and we will drill from inside to out. I will then run 2" conduit thru hole and connect to the conduit I have already put in and covered. Need to get this done and get electricity ran. Will plug hole with hydraulic cement since I have a pail. The company didn't charge me to cancel and actually told me that is what I should do especially for one hole. Hopefully it all goes as planned.

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #39  
Sounds like a plan.

/ drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal? #40  
drilling 2" hole through poured concrete wall how to seal?

A industrial supply house should have a similar product. Perhaps a pool supply repair company. Read the instructions carefully. Several types require expanding Concrete patch or similar product on both sides to contain the product. I have done numerous pool wall penetrations and basement wall penetration issues with these type of products with good success.

AQUAFIN Inc. - Waterstop-GunGrade

Swellable Waterstop | Sika Corporation U.S. | Sika Corporation U.S.

Foundation Pipe and Protrusion Leak Repair Kit - Applied Technologies