Drilling a bucket

/ Drilling a bucket #11  
Hi,

I just put one on myself a couple weeks ago. 1" mounting holes...took less than a minute to make each hole with a good hole saw and some cutting oil.

If you do buy a hole saw, be sure to get one that is of fair or better quality and the holes will be there before you know it. Some of the cheaper hole saws may dull quickly, which soon makes a simple job turn into a bad memory.

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Drilling a bucket #12  
To drill the 7/8 holes for my Woods toothbar I used a Uni-bit and a 14.4V DeWalt drill. The holes took about 2 minutes each.

Uni-bits might be what others have called step drills. They will start holes too, without predrilling.

/ Drilling a bucket #13  
Not to change the subject but what did the tooth bar cost you?

/ Drilling a bucket
Bought some other stuff like Kubota orange paint and a level indicator but if I recall the toothbar itself was $249.00

/ Drilling a bucket #15  
My FFC cost me just under $300 shipped to me in IN from their place in IL. It is a 61" model with replaceable caps on the teeth and looks heavier than I'll ever need. I just installed it last weekend and, with a little persuasion with a mallet and a wooden block it fit far better than I thought it would. It ended up being a 5 or 6 flat washer deal to make it fit snugly on the ends.

I also added an extra nut on each side just to cover the exposed threads on the bolts. I figured that would make it easier to remove them later if I wanted to take the toothbar off for snow removal work.

/ Drilling a bucket #16  
$275 picked up at the JD dealer. It's a 53" that fits my FEL perfectly.

/ Drilling a bucket #17  
Unibit (the brand name step drill), 12v Makita, about 10 minutes total, both sides, 2 batteries drained