Loader Drilling a hole or 2 in the loader: a good idea or not?

/ Drilling a hole or 2 in the loader: a good idea or not? #21  
I drilled my bucket shortly after I bought the tractor and FEL used. I bolt 4 x 4's to it all the time for light loads. I've used them to help remove the cap on my truck. I've used them to lift small hay bales 6 or 8 at a time into the hay loft of our small barn. I used them to help haul brush to the burn pile. BTW, the main reason I chose that option is because I'm cheap :)

/ Drilling a hole or 2 in the loader: a good idea or not?
Well I did it. I visited local welding & steel shop and bought 2 5ft pieces 4" C channel. This will provide a little over 45" of fork length beyond the end the bucket. I drilled 2holes in the bottom of bucket that lined up with factory holes in the front. I got them bolted on and ventured into the backyard. I can't see the front of the forks so getting them lines up is a challenge. I'll post more info as I get some more time to work with them.

/ Drilling a hole or 2 in the loader: a good idea or not? #24  
I drilled two holes on the Bucket when I bolted on my W.R.Long Tooth Bar. I also drilled holes when I bolted on three sets of Hooks on the top of the Bucket. When I installed the Hooks, I reinforced the top of the Bucket with a piece of 1/4 inch angle iron. I painted all the hooks and angle iron.

Painting is going to have to be the next step when I get some time and calm day.

I was also thinking that I could re-visit the welding shop, obtain 2 more pieces of C channel, but buy shorter pieces this time. If they only extended out about 10 inches, I could bolt a 2x12 across the front and provide a man-lift for some painting work and gutter clean out.

One of the replies to this post warned of bending / breaking things. I think I could add some reinforcement like you did and maybe wrap the bucket in a chain with a 'boomer' -- a rachet to apply some tension in the middle. This might keep a load from bending the front lip.

I went back to the shop, bought 2 more pieces of C channel, 38" long. 16inches are underneath the bucket, 22 inches will stick out front. This will provide a place to bolt down 2 2x12" 'walk boards' which might come in handy as a platform. Now I just need a volunteer to try it out (and some nice weather -- been raining all day).

/ Drilling a hole or 2 in the loader: a good idea or not? #27  
Drilled factory holes in bucket are meant for a bolt on double sided steel edge that is reversible, so it wears instead of the factory bucket edge. I have one on my DK-40, from my Kioti dealer.

KK, the link shows, top of page, 'supplies to N.A.' That covers us US guys.:)