Drive and Tilting

/ Drive and Tilting #1  

rvee40

Tractor
Yan Mar Zennoh 1610D
New tractorite.
I have a 1610D. Rear tires are rotated out, filled with antifreeze. I've used it for about 10 hours, all works well except now I can't get it into 4 wheel lock. I did awhile back and it was not easy, last week I got stuck and could'nt get it to engage.
Any suggestions?

Next: Tilting.
My Northern Arizona USA location of 80 acres is extremely un-flat. I'm careful with uphill travel, bucket low, etc. HOWEVER there is a lot of work where I have to travel laterally across a hill. It's scary.

I think I'll get a tiltmeter to help me know when I'm getting too far over. I got this from the tiltmeter folks:

Our model #25C is designed using ANSI standards for
all tractors made / sold in the U.S. Put simply, it says
the tractor must not lift any wheel off the ground at 20
degree side slope, and 30 degree front to back slope.
This is a guideline, not a definate. Wheel weights,
implements, etc can all change what your limit is.
You should be safe with any implements close to ground,
at what the ANSI standard says. I cannot say what your
limit would be.

Anyone know fersure what the limit on the 1610D is?

ROP:
I think this might be a good idea. Anyone suggest best place to buy one of these? Hoye seems to carry a selection all aroun $600

Thanks
Sakamochi

Last edited:
   / Drive and Tilting #2  
Welcome to TBN!! I am sure that you will enjoy your time that you spend here on the forum. There are lots of guys that are very knowledgeable and supper helpful. there are a number of dealers that post regularly on this forum and they have a reputation of being very helpful.

I do not know which dealer to refer you to for the ROPS because I do not know where you are. Hoye is good, but also LMTC (southern Ohio) and there are others. let the guys know wher you are from and they will help out.

Mike

/ Drive and Tilting #3  
Welcome to TBN, I am also in Arizona, Western. With ground that is not level you should get ROPS and a seatbelt right away. I recommend Hoye tractor for tractors and parts. :)