Drive shaft problem with Hydro transmission

/ Drive shaft problem with Hydro transmission #1  

nrockow

Tractor
Kubota B2630
I have a Kubota B2630hst that I recently wrapped a tomato cage around the driveshaft. After 4 hours of prying and unraveling, the wire is out. However, there seems to be more vibration in the tractor than before. It could be my imagination though. I have only 8 hours on the machine. I have run the tractor and put my finger against the spinning shaft and can feel a slight vibration. Considering that this is a straight shaft without any u-joints, I am not sure if there can be any runout at all without damaging the machine. I have had a friend of mine who is a machinist (and very knowledgeable about tolerances) look at it and touch the shaft when it was spinning and he seems to think that it should be ok. Estimated about 10 thousanths of an inch runout. But a tractor mechanic he is not. Can anyone tell me if there is a runout tolerance for this drive shaft and if so, what it would be? I posted this question in another forum but the response was limited. I am hesitant to use the tractor without some more input from knowledgeable people. Thanks for the help.

/ Drive shaft problem with Hydro transmission
I have a Kubota B2630hst that I recently wrapped a tomato cage around the driveshaft. After 4 hours of prying and unraveling, the wire is out. However, there seems to be more vibration in the tractor than before. It could be my imagination though. I have only 8 hours on the machine. I have run the tractor and put my finger against the spinning shaft and can feel a slight vibration. Considering that this is a straight shaft without any u-joints, I am not sure if there can be any runout at all without damaging the machine. I have had a friend of mine who is a machinist (and very knowledgeable about tolerances) look at it and touch the shaft when it was spinning and he seems to think that it should be ok. Estimated about 10 thousanths of an inch runout. But a tractor mechanic he is not. Can anyone tell me if there is a runout tolerance for this drive shaft and if so, what it would be? I posted this question in another forum but the response was limited. I am hesitant to use the tractor without some more input from knowledgeable people. Thanks for the help.

/ Drive shaft problem with Hydro transmission #3  
I don't know if this is a similar problem, but seems a while back, members were discussing a problem with a drive shaft to the front wheel assist that had become wrapped with tall grass they were mowing. Wound so tight as to ruin some parts. I may not have remembered this correctly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Have you checked this out with your Dealer and/or Kubota mechanic? I would.

/ Drive shaft problem with Hydro transmission #4  
I don't know if this is a similar problem, but seems a while back, members were discussing a problem with a drive shaft to the front wheel assist that had become wrapped with tall grass they were mowing. Wound so tight as to ruin some parts. I may not have remembered this correctly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Have you checked this out with your Dealer and/or Kubota mechanic? I would.