Driver friendly work lights

/ Driver friendly work lights
I found a nice LED set at my local car parts.
12 LED's in a 12" strip with the center 4 being spots and both side 4's being floods.
Tractor snow blowing at night is as nice as in daytime.
What more do you want?

I use flood lights on my tractor.

You’re missing what I’m looking for, lighting that does not blind oncoming traffic.

I may need to fabricate a glare shield to go with the flood LEDs I have to guarantee the results I’m looking for if I can’t find a decent pair that won’t break the bank.

/ Driver friendly work lights #22  
The so-called cutoff of different lights is nearly useless for anyone who travels roads that aren't as flat as a pool table. It takes very little grade to put oncoming drivers into the bright lights.

The so-called cutoff of different lights is nearly useless for anyone who travels roads that aren't as flat as a pool table. It takes very little grade to put oncoming drivers into the bright lights.

Not if angled properly. As tractor lights, I’d be aiming the beam to a spot roughly 20 yards in front, quite short but I find that many lights still spill above it. Faster vehicles would require aiming much further ahead.

/ Driver friendly work lights #24  
Not if angled properly. As tractor lights, I壇 be aiming the beam to a spot roughly 20 yards in front, quite short but I find that many lights still spill above it. Faster vehicles would require aiming much further ahead.

My comment was about on-road vehicle lights. You can see a very sharp cutoff with some headlights on Jersey barriers for example. As long as the road is perfectly flat the bright beam doesn't shine higher than the hood of the oncoming car. A slight rise in the road and the bright light projected at the oncoming car covers the entire height of the car and then some.

To appreciate how much annoying light LED's - whether talking about tractor work lights or LED's on vehicles on the road - you need to see them from somewhere other than the seat. You can stand way ahead or off to the side in the darkness and the LED's are difficult to look at.

/ Driver friendly work lights #25  
Huh? Your graphic shows 4 types. I致e actually never heard accessory lights called �og lights. Those come OEM on vehicles. They are almost never added as an 殿ccessory (because they are kind of terrible outside of real fog and very little bang for the buck in terms of visible light).

Except the 2003-2007 classic silverado. My 03 Silverado Fog lights are fantastic and light up way more than any other vehicle I have seen or driven. I could drive with only my fogs on and have a lot of light. Really too bad they aren't like that anymore.

O.P. The more light the better just aim them down so they aren't blinding drivers from a distance. Hopefully if they have trouble seeing they slow down. One of those yellow strobes do wonders for slowing drivers down.

I bought a pair of LED lights that are combo Spot/Flood to add to my tractor when I buy it. I know kind of wagon in front of the horse but the more I spend now the less I spend then.

Except the 2003-2007 classic silverado. My 03 Silverado Fog lights are fantastic and light up way more than any other vehicle I have seen or driven. I could drive with only my fogs on and have a lot of light. Really too bad they aren't like that anymore.

O.P. The more light the better just aim them down so they aren't blinding drivers from a distance. Hopefully if they have trouble seeing they slow down. One of those yellow strobes do wonders for slowing drivers down.

I bought a pair of LED lights that are combo Spot/Flood to add to my tractor when I buy it. I know kind of wagon in front of the horse but the more I spend now the less I spend then.

i have a 2003 Silverado too and I agree! I may look into halogens with deeper housings that theoretically helps with beam confinement.

I do have an European fast rotating halogen beacon that I plan to use along with direct rear lighting. Enough to get the attention and not dazzle the eyes. Think “Mind you, I’m here. Drive carefully around me mate” instead of using excessive lights that says “HEYIMHERELOOKWHEREYOUAREGOINGIDONTCAREIFYOUAREBLINDEDBYMYLIGHTS!!!”

It seems like choices of today’s lighting options are more & more selfish with regards to the welfare of others around them. Blinding others wasn’t common back then but now lighting everything up seems to be what today’s generation are doing. I’m still a polite gentleman and I do my best to be conscious of others.

I’ll keep you updated and share what I’ve come up with. :)

/ Driver friendly work lights #27  
I don't necessarily agree with Minnesota guy so I thought I'd do a little research and I came across this:

Is It Better To Have A Yellow Or Whiter Light On The Road? | PowerBulbs

I like my car headlights better whiter. I just mounted some LEDs on my tractor, but I drive that so slowly I don't think depth perception could ever be a problem, if it is true as someone stated. I'll see how I like them soon.

20191102_151641.jpg

/ Driver friendly work lights #28  
I don't necessarily agree with Minnesota guy so I thought I'd do a little research and I came across this:

I like my car headlights better whiter. I just mounted some LEDs on my tractor, but I drive that so slowly I don't think depth perception could ever be a problem, if it is true as someone stated. I'll see how I like them soon.

View attachment 627418

I didn’t read the whole article, but I used to have both (LED) on my last truck. White gave the Star Wars effect at night in heavy rain or snow. Yellow definitely didn’t light at well, but was nicer on the eyes in inclement weather. The guys that run the Baja races seem to agree. On my tractor plowing snow, white works just fine due to slower speeds.

/ Driver friendly work lights #29  
I have amber covers that can be popped on over my LED lights. They work really well for plowing snow by reducing glare and don't seem to blind others while still providing plenty of light. Seems to work really well for me.

/ Driver friendly work lights #30  

View attachment 627418

Bright work lights on my tractor are just fine as I really only need a halo of light around my tractor which is going so slow that I don't really need rapid depth perception. The huge light bar on my truck stinks because while bright, I cannot rapidly figure stuff out. The LEDs on my side by side make the brights stuff too bright and so I cannot see as far as yellow lights because my eyes never adjust.