Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
I had my own car but decided to go the safe route and used my Grandmother's 1972 4-door Buick Skylark...

Somehow showing up in a restoration in process Model A Ford seemed like asking for trouble...

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #2  
1984 Ford Ranger. Reg cab long box manual trans.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #4  
1983 GMC Suburban

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #5  
Most likely a '63 Impala, my parents' car at the time. Got my license in 1966.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #6  
1968 Plymouth satellite

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?
So far all American Iron.... not even a VW?

I restored a 1968 Mustang for my brother... he paid parts and I did free labor with him helping.

He went to his test with his ad-new Mustang... just happened the DMV person loved Mustangs and spent more time on the car than test...

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #8  
'97 Chevy 454 extended cab long bed...March in Alaska. Sure am glad the emergency stop was in a big empty parking lot because I was totally sideways, but got my points because I steered through. I knew all that four wheeling was good for something!

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #9  
I had my own car but decided to go the safe route and used my Grandmother's 1972 4-door Buick Skylark...

Somehow showing up in a restoration in process Model A Ford seemed like asking for trouble...
In 1957......used my '34 Ford.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #10  
I took mine in 1965. I was still 14 and had a "learner's permit". I don't remember the car exactly but I'm sure it was my newly acquired '52 Chevy Coupe. My dad helped me put a brand new Sears straight-six short block and new clutch in it. It was three-by-the-knee and had the optional heater and AM radio. Back in those days, the radios used a vibrator to convert battery DC power to AC. I kept a spare vibrator in the glove box.

I sure was beaming on the first day of high school. Popular radio stations for us "non-cowboys" were KTSA and KONO.