Drives my wife bat ***** crazy...

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
For me, I just kind of laugh about it and after he comes in at 0500 after I let the dogs out in the morning, this where he likes to lay after being fed. His one "dog playmate" is always looking up at the plants which is a dead giveaway.

I don't point this out to my wife...

C.png

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #3  
My dogs wont allow a cat in the house.

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy...
My dogs wont allow a cat in the house.
It was that way in our house for the past 16 years or so.

Generally the cats were more than happy to have the upstairs all to themselves. For cats that were indoors / outdoors in our home, they had access to outside from upstairs.

This guy when he came into our care as a kitten originally stayed in the laundry room in the kitchen. First summer, he spent every day outside with us in the garden. Our home is set up with a baby gate system so dogs don't have to have access to upstairs or the basement or kitchen.

F2.png

He's kind of an odd cat because he never showed fear to the dogs on the first floor when he was a kitten to our dismay, and they are more than familiar with him now. He's basically one of the dogs now to the point it's funny when they play with each other outside.

I don't think the dogs have misled him to knowing his place. We have a neighbors dog that comes over from time to time, and for some reason the only dogs he trusts are those in our home.

C.jpg

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #5  
Kinda reminds me of my neighbour's cat. Not afraid of dogs at all. although he protects other cats in their house.

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #6  
There was a time - I had both cats and dogs. Took them about a week - then the thrill of the chase was over. See them both out in the shade in the tractor shed - sleeping.

The cat would always go out with the dog - added protection, I think. The cat was always looking for mice, chipmunks, pocket gophers, etc. The dog was just looking..........

The dog would always sleep in the house at night. The cat would never come in the house. Preferred to sleep in the tool shed. An outside cat has a tough life around here. Too many day time/night time predators.

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #7  
Our home is set up with a baby gate system so dogs don't have to have access to upstairs or the basement or kitchen.
That doesn't work for cats. I had two cats when I lived in Ohio. They always found a way out of the basement. Before I built new kitchen cabinets, they discovered a hole where the plumbing came out of the basement. The old cabinets had sliding doors and they figured that out in a hurry. Once they were in the sink cabinet, they could open a sliding door and were in the living area. :rolleyes:

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #8  
Not a cat fan here. Have one that absolutely hates the dog. Poor dog will not go out of house if the cats on the porch. Even if you tell the dog to run fast past the cat. Dog tried it again yesterday and the cat took a nice air swip and hissed at the dog as it flew by. LOL.

Dog looks at me like I am nuts. I tell the dog, not my cat. LOL.

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy...
That doesn't work for cats. I had two cats when I lived in Ohio. They always found a way out of the basement. Before I built new kitchen cabinets, they discovered a hole where the plumbing came out of the basement. The old cabinets had sliding doors and they figured that out in a hurry. Once they were in the sink cabinet, they could open a sliding door and were in the living area. :rolleyes:
You got it backwards...

The gates aren't in place to stop the cats, they are in place to stop the dogs :ROFLMAO:

Generally any cat in the house doesn't want to be on the same floor as the dogs and they have no desire to go past a gate.

/ Drives my wife bat ***** crazy... #10  
Our kids bring their large dogs to visit. We put a child gate up in the living room to keep them in with us. One of our cats, who thinks he's a tough guy, likes to stand on the opposite side of the gate and growl at the dogs, just out of reach of a slapping dog paw through the gate.

Well, one day, the cat was egging the dog on, and the dog just had enough and jumped the gate like it wasn't even there.. Hello cat!

:ROFLMAO:

Cat ran into our bedroom, dog chased it. Cat hopped on bed. Dog isn't allowed on bed, so stopped and barked at cat. Pretty funny. That dog could have eaten that cat. Really just wanted to play with him.

Took a few days for the cat to come out of our bedroom. :LOL: