driveway advice

/ driveway advice #1  

jnervi

as a new guy, i've already learned an awful lot from this forum, and i bet you folks can help me out. i'm going to be building, or have built, a 1/4 mile driveway/access road to a new bldng. site between now and next may. i need info, and i mean real basic info, on how to proceed. can you folks suggest websites and/or other resources on how to proceed? my site is in n.e. ohio (stark county), usda zone 5. the ground is primarily flat or very gently rolling, with about 1/2 wooded. my best guess for roadway orientation crosses a county maintained ditch, crosses a strip of abandoned orchard, skirts a lightly wooded - thick brush area, then opens into a clearing. the ground stayed remarkably dry through a very wet spring & summer. of course this orientation is subject to change as i learn more. any advice, comments, and suggestions are very welcome - i'm not sure of what questions to ask. i'm very excited about this project because as soon as the road and sufficient storage is complete, i'm gonna buy my first tractor!

/ driveway advice #2