Driving across public ways

/ Driving across public ways
Champy said:
Maybe life in the midwest is more common sense based......

I think that's the winning understatement for today! :D I loved Indiana when I was working out there. :)

Dougster

/ Driving across public ways #92  
Dougster, I just got off the phone with Ronzonie and he registered his Kubota B7800 as a commercial vehicle. He said they did it by the weight of the tractor. Hope this helps, Bill C

billfires said:
Dougster, I just got off the phone with Ronzonie and he registered his Kubota B7800 as a commercial vehicle. He said they did it by the weight of the tractor. Hope this helps, Bill C

Thanks Bill! This is what I've been hoping for... a genuine Massachusetts non-farmer who was actually able to register his CUT for the road. Sending you a private message. Maybe you can have Ronzonie call or email me. Thank you! :)

Dougster

/ Driving across public ways #94  
Florida is also a farm friendly state.. you can drive a farm tractor on anything but an interstate or other large similar type road.

No plates.. no license.. etc.

There are some milage limits due to taxed or untaxed fuel.. but they are hard to exceded for the average 'joe home/farm' user..

I drive my tractor and batwing mower a few miles each way to my other pasture to mow it, about once a month during the 'sunny' season..

Soundguy

RayH said:
Everyone who hates their state of residence should move to Maryland for a year or two. After that, their state will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Oh yea, In WV you can drive your tractor on secondary roads with no license and no problem. Its fairly common to see tractors and backhoes travelling the secondary roads. I think its still legal to ride an ATV on secondary roads, if it hasnt been appealed yet.

Soundguy said:
Florida is also a farm friendly state.. you can drive a farm tractor on anything but an interstate or other large similar type road. No plates.. no license.. etc.

Yep... I know. I worked hurricane recovery down there in 2004 and 2005. The cops were generally terrific too... all except for one town which decided to make a small fortune for itself off marginally over-sized/over-height debris loads. I watched them hiding at the collection points... then stopping trucks as they came in, climbing up and measuring any stray branches or leaves sticking up. Half an inch over on any twig and they got you good! The fines were outragous. :eek: Ruined many a hurricane debris collector's day. :(

Dougster

/ Driving across public ways #96  
As I sit here on the phone (on hold) with the RMV, I am pereusing old threads to try and find some answers to my questions that the LOVELY RMV is not helpful answering.

I know this is an old thread, but to the OP, Dougster, and anyone else, I'm wondering if you had any success in registering your tractor in MA? I would like to register mine so I can drive to jobs within a couple miles of my house, rather than load up the trailer.

So, did the commercial plate thing work out? Or did you give up and move to NH? :D