Snow Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a....

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #1  

MoMower

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey GC1710.
2360 snow blower! Very happy to have found a used one. When I bought my gc 1723e I almost choked when they said $5k for one.

Found one for half that in good shape. The hitch was the 9 hour run.

I did find one that would have been a 5 hour run but they wouldn’t separate the blower.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #2  
Glad you found a blower. I did the same thing, found a used one at a good price. Went over it and greased all the u-joints, new oil in the gearbox and made sure the chain was adjusted and oiled. Been through two winters with it now without a hiccup.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #3  
To find a good-deal used 2360 snowblower would be a dream come true.

I may have to bite the bullet on a new blower-only for three and a half thou. How, or where are you finding these used listings?

And hey, congrats on scooping a deal. I just got a little-used GC2410 at half-new price but drove about 1800mi/3000km to fetch it. It was worth it. Now to find a snowblower and complete the package.

I'll also be wanting to sell the rotary broom that came with mine and will be looking for outlets to list that when the time comes.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a....
Both of the ones I found were listed on Facebook market place.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #5  
To find a good-deal used 2360 snowblower would be a dream come true.

I may have to bite the bullet on a new blower-only for three and a half thou. How, or where are you finding these used listings?

And hey, congrats on scooping a deal. I just got a little-used GC2410 at half-new price but drove about 1800mi/3000km to fetch it. It was worth it. Now to find a snowblower and complete the package.

I'll also be wanting to sell the rotary broom that came with mine and will be looking for outlets to list that when the time comes.

Your search will likely be next to impossible anywhere near Nelson, BC.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a....
The guy I bought it from worked at a Massey dealer, he was selling it and a 1705 together, for a long time customer. He said just about everyone who contacted him wanted just the blower, quick hitch, etc.

Keep in mind, you have the quick hitch, you can run a Kubota or New Holland blower as well.

I would keep the broom, I have heard they are very useful for light, nuisance snows. If I came across one at the right price I would scoop it up.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #7  
The guy I bought it from worked at a Massey dealer, he was selling it and a 1705 together, for a long time customer. He said just about everyone who contacted him wanted just the blower, quick hitch, etc.

Keep in mind, you have the quick hitch, you can run a Kubota or New Holland blower as well.

I would keep the broom, I have heard they are very useful for light, nuisance snows. If I came across one at the right price I would scoop it up.

With 10,000 sq/ft of gravel drive and parking area to clear, the broom would not be any help for me. Around here, we are lucky to *mostly* get powder light snow in easy to manage 4" lifts. Early and late in the season we can get heavier snow, and at times a dusting, which may be left, or cleared, depending on what conditions are to follow.

Someone else said I'd have a hard time finding what I am looking for in my area, and I'm sure they are right. Mostly because this is not MF territory. Mostly it's Kubota, and I will keep my eyes open for an orange blower. Can always paint it! :thumbsup:

The answer to my original question: "Where are these listings appearing?" produced quiet resignation. I spent 30 minutes on Facebook in the very early days. I took one look at their terms and conditions, and immediately deleted my account (back when they would let you do that..) and have never regretted that decision for a moment. I know almost everyone else is there, but from a lifetime of working in communications and software/online/etc I know that when these services are "free" you are the product they are selling. I started in radio where the listener is the product, not the customer. Guess if all the used snow blowers are on Facebook, I'll have to buy new.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #8  
I was on Feces book for a day. That was enough. Kind of like allowing a parasite into your body.

Good work on the blower.

Another good reason to buy the most popular tractor out there. A friend has a Cub Cadet that he can't find a belly mower for love or money, and he works for a former dealer that knows other dealers.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #9  
I was on Feces book for a day. That was enough. Kind of like allowing a parasite into your body.

Good work on the blower.

Another good reason to buy the most popular tractor out there. A friend has a Cub Cadet that he can't find a belly mower for love or money, and he works for a former dealer that knows other dealers.

What kind of Cub Cadet? If it’s a sub compact, those were made by Yanmar, and I’m pretty sure the current belly mower will work on those Cubs. Tell him to search for a Yanmar deck.

Cub has sold a LOT of tractors, so I’m surprised he’s having trouble finding a deck, unless it’s a Yanmar Cub. Those won’t be as plentiful, but they’re still out there.

/ Drove 680 miles in 9 hours to pick up a.... #10  
I don't know the model. Had it written down once. Maybe 21 HP, 3 cylinder. Usually the decks are the first to rot out.