DT466 stopped running

/ DT466 stopped running #11  
So i disassembled and freed up the primer pump and put it all back together. Replaced the fuel filters. Removed 25 gallons of lousy fuel. Put in fuel treatment in whatever remained. Added 10 gallons of treated fresh fuel. Primed it and she fired right up...whew. Now anyone want to buy a truck. It is actually pretty cool. It dumps and is a scissor hoist that goes 14 feet high.
Have any photos of the truck?

/ DT466 stopped running #12  
So i disassembled and freed up the primer pump and put it all back together. Replaced the fuel filters. Removed 25 gallons of lousy fuel. Put in fuel treatment in whatever remained. Added 10 gallons of treated fresh fuel. Primed it and she fired right up...whew.

Now anyone want to buy a truck. It is actually pretty cool. It dumps and is a scissor hoist that goes 14 feet high.
Glad to hear that you got it running without a major amount of money. The combination of a dump and hoist would appeal to plenty of contractors. You might try researching prices on Truckpaper.com to come up with a price that is fair to you and a buyer. If that does not work out then go for an online auction to get the most interest.

/ DT466 stopped running
Thanks for the advice on pricing and auction. I had the truck consigned at a local equipment place for 3 months this summer...not a single bite, and no interest in my (now expired) craigslist ad....so maybe pricing is my problem. I was hoping to get at least 17k for it, but with the consignment percentage the final price was too high. I have listed it as low as 14500...but still no interest. It would be a great roofer rig i think. Here are some picts. INTtruck (2).jpgINTtruck (3).jpgINTtruck (4).jpgINTtruck (6).jpgINTtruck (7).jpgINTtruck (9).jpgINTtruck(1).jpg

/ DT466 stopped running #14  
The key will be finding the right buyer who values the unique capabilities of the truck. What is the GVW? if under 26,001 lbs, you could advertise that no CDL is required to drive it. If it were mine, I would find a way to advertise it to as wide an audience as possible.

/ DT466 stopped running #15  
The Scissor Lift makes it interesting but around here a similar aged dump truck or grain truck with a Dump Bed and a Diesel would sell for about $3500

We just sold our 1978 Chevy C60 with a Monroe Dump Bed and a Meyers 10' Snow Plow for $2200

/ DT466 stopped running #18  
Air Brake's ??
Miles ???
Around here the non E truck's with the 466 are fast movers. But your 2,000 miles away

/ DT466 stopped running
Air brakes, about 193000 miles.

/ DT466 stopped running #20  
That scissor lift is a cool feature and adds value to the right buyer, but your price is way out of line for a regular dump truck.