Ducar vs Champion 6.5hp Engine for Top Soil Screen

/ Ducar vs Champion 6.5hp Engine for Top Soil Screen #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
I will be building a motorized top soil screen this winter. I am in the process of gathering all the necessary parts. This week I have found 2 different 6.5 hp gas engines that are on-sale and wondering if anyone has any experience with either one as far as reliability goes. Both are supposed to be copies of Honda engines.

First is the Champion 6.5 HP OHV Engine for $149.99 (1/2 price sale)
0.97 Gallon (3.67L) Fuel Tank
8.7 ft. lbs. at 2800 rpm Max Torque
Counter-clockwise Shaft Rotation
Low-Oil Shut-Off
Recoil Start
TSC Stores

Second is the Power Fist (Ducar) 6.5 hp engine (196cc) for $100 (Reg $179)
6.5 HP @ 3,600 RPM OHV
Recoil start
3/4" keyway shaft
3.6 litre (0.95 gal.) gas tank
Low oil shutdown
Low noise and vibration

http://www.princessauto.com/power-t...gasoline/8088379-6_5-hp-horizontal-gas-engine

/ Ducar vs Champion 6.5hp Engine for Top Soil Screen #2  
personally I would choose the Ducar, just because of the cost. I think your right, that both of these engines are honda clones. Just for your information Harbor Freight tools also carries a honda clone. I bought one about 3 months ago for a go kart and it runs AWESOME. First pull and it starts up every time. I paid $99 for this engine and I am fixing to go buy another one for another project. Good luck with your build. I look forward to seeing pics of it.

/ Ducar vs Champion 6.5hp Engine for Top Soil Screen #3  
Yeah...go with the cheapest one. I can't say that I have noticed any real difference in the different flavors of Chondas (Chinese Hondas). I have a Harbor Freight one on my compressor and it sat for six months without running. Figured I'd better run out the gas and put in fresh for winter. Had to prime the carb, but it started right up. I've gotten my hundred bucks worth in two years.

/ Ducar vs Champion 6.5hp Engine for Top Soil Screen
Thanks guys, I agree. I'll save the $50 and go with the Ducar for $100. I also just found out parts for the Ducar are available right here in town as well.