dumb question about B hyd and trans filters

/ dumb question about B hyd and trans filters #1  

bstrom

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota b2620
You guys with the B series (2x20) rigs - which side is the transmission filter and which is the hydraulic filter? I've done a search on it and I'm even more confused.

If you sit on the seat is the transmission filter on your left and the hydraulic filter on your right? That's what I'm hoping because some of the information I've read is mixing up right and left including the manual. ( I killed a lot of brain cells in the 70's so that could be the problem :)).

Last edited:
   / dumb question about B hyd and trans filters #2  
The filters should have the part numbers on them. That will clarify the issue.

Check Messicks for the correct part number for the filter. Type in your specific tractor and all of the servicing parts will come up.

/ dumb question about B hyd and trans filters #3  
B2630, sitting on the seat, one on right (pointing foreward) is suction filter, one on left (pointing out) is HST filter.

Tip: Buy Kubota filters

One on the motor(pointing out) is the engine filter.:D
sorry couldn't resist

/ dumb question about B hyd and trans filters #4  
I'm certain the filters look different when you look at the side that screws onto the tractor.
I just took off one at the time matched it with new filter and that was it. It left no room for the : " I wonder if that came from here or this came from there?"

I believe that the guy at the parts department said they may thread up on either side but the filters look noticeably different. One has to withstand higher pressure then the other I was told.