Dumber then Dirt

/ Dumber then Dirt #21  
Bird,

Your dog sounds just like our German Shepard /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.
She does just fine around the house and property, but
when she gets into the truck/car . . . . whoa baby! Like
JJT said, she's on sensory overload!!! She will not sit
or lay down the entire ride, no matter if its five minutes or five hours. She will pace and circle endlessly, pausing briefly
to look out one of the nose smeared window occasionally.
She whines, pants, and basicly just works herself into a state
of exhaustion. The crazy part is, she CAN'T WAIT to get into the truck/car. When she knows she's going "for a ride", she gets very excited. We have a place down at Lake of the Ozarks we go to quite alot, and its a three hour drive from where we live. Since our dog Missy is our 'baby" /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif now, she always goes with us. We decided SOMETHING had to be done about the problem, so we talked to our vet (an awesome lady, BTW). To make a long story short, the vet had us try this drug called acepromazine, which is a tranquilizer vets use. We give her 10mg of that about two hours before we leave on a long car ride. The results are amazing. She's a different dog. She will sit down, even lay down. She doesn't pace or pant. Of course, she's also a little dopey, but certainly not "knocked out" or anything close to that. Once again, we only give the drug to her for long car rides, for short trips we just let her be her wacky self.

42-65797-signature.jpg

/ Dumber then Dirt
Dan,

After spending a half hour in the phone line at Nikon Tech Support (do I sound negative?) A nice fellow did prompt me thru a zillion clicks and then announced I have a problem. The solution, download the windows ME upgrade from the web site, which I did. The download is zipped and now I can't unzip it. I think that's because I wear Levi 501's or something. The web side also has an unzipper called "stuffit" (no kidding). It's a 6 meg file and with my link the server kicks me off before it completes download. Thanks for the suggestion, but as you can see I'm right on top of this problem. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Al

/ Dumber then Dirt #23  
Al, I don't believe I've met anyone else who sounded more like me, with these computers, than you. You certainly have my sympathy, but I'll bet some of these other guys will get you through it. I wouldn't know where to start.

Bird

/ Dumber then Dirt #24  
Al,

I downloaded the Nikon 880 1.1 firmware update file from Nikon and created a self-extracting zip file. You won't need the zip utilities (although, they are quite handy to have around -- and the set you want is WinZip)

You can just save the file in the same directory you saved the original file and then just double click on it and it will extract the <firmware.bin> and <uploader.exe> files. Then just proceed as directed at the Nikon site.

880V11wu.exe

The link to the winzip utilities is Winzip Home Page These utilities are only 1.7 meg.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by huckflynn on 10/29/01 09:54 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Dumber then Dirt #25  
Hmmm, I never thought of car rides as being " doggy crack"! :)

/ Dumber then Dirt #26  
An alternative to upgrading the camera firmware and WindowsME is installing a Compact Flash (CF) card reader on your system. Then all you have to do is take the CF card out of the camera, put it in the CF card reader and treat it like another hard drive. Browse on over to http://www.buycomp.com and search on 'CF card reader' and a couple of pages of readers will appear. Nikon even makes one for about $50.

tractor.gif

/ Dumber then Dirt
Bird
<font color=blue>I don't believe I've met anyone else who sounded more like me</font color=blue>
Maybe we should start a club. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The tech support guy giggled his butt off when I answered "which operating sytem do you have?". I told him 2000ME. Evidently there ain't no such animal, you either have window 2000 or windows ME.
I hope when he gets lost I'm the one he asks "where does that road go?".
Al

/ Dumber then Dirt #29  
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gifAl, I noticed that 2000ME and thought that was different, since I had thought they were two different ones, but then I just figured that was sumpin' else I didn't know./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Dumber then Dirt #30  
Al, next thing we know, you'll be getting one of them "BoneHead Awards" ! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif I noticed it, but in trying to be non-confrontational....ignored it! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Welcome to the club of mis-speaking! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif